Greetings from another newbie

Skye cv

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 01:25 pm
A good forum friend of mine Red who is a member here told me about the forum and while I haven't had much time to circulate and read the messages I thought I should say hello first. I'm on the west coast.

This month I became a citizen of the U.S. and while I tend to sympathize with particular issues which are all over the spectrum, I skew slightly to the right regarding political affiliation.

Still - when it comes to filling in my first Vote - I have no idea what will happen in the madness of the moment.

Maybe I can read and learn some things here!:thumbup:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,060 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 01:50 pm
@Skye cv,
Welcome!

No need to be apologetic about being right leaning here!
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 01:59 pm
@Skye cv,
Reagaknight

Thank you - I wrote one post farther down and scuttled away like the coward I am.

Being nosy overcame my terror! :p
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 03:50 pm
@Skye cv,
welcome to the site Smile
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 08:36 am
@Skye cv,
Skye;15269 wrote:
A good forum friend of mine Red who is a member here told me about the forum and while I haven't had much time to circulate and read the messages I thought I should say hello first. I'm on the west coast.

This month I became a citizen of the U.S. and while I tend to sympathize with particular issues which are all over the spectrum, I skew slightly to the right regarding political affiliation.

Still - when it comes to filling in my first Vote - I have no idea what will happen in the madness of the moment.

Maybe I can read and learn some things here!:thumbup:
Welcome, I am glad you sought to become a legal citizen. That is definately to be admired. I wish alot less would try to subvert the system.
Your first vote should be a doozy. If you hang around here enough you should be fairly informed on most issues. Would it be to much to ask your place of origin?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 07:21 pm
@Skye cv,
Welcome, feel free to dive in!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 07:26 pm
@Skye cv,
Welcome. I am Pinochet. With Nixon's help, I overthrew Communist Chilean President, Salvador Allende, in 1973, convincing him to commit suicide in the process. I then arrested, tortured and executed thousands of his followers and unleashed a campaign of brutal repression, reminiscient of the days of Hitler. I'm cool, and again, welcome.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 05:13 am
@Skye cv,
Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Thank you for respecting my native country enough to learn about our history and taking our pledge of allegiance.

I, too, am on the west coast (Los Angeles). I look forward to respectful debates.

FYI: I'm on vacation, but cant seem to stay away from this site.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 09:23 am
@Skye cv,
welcome, congrats on citizenship

maybe if we all had to earn it we'd appreciate it more...
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 05:21 pm
@Skye cv,
Well what a nice surprise, welcome Skye. It's kind of ironic that a Canadian recommend an American forum to an ex-Canadian.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 09:24 pm
@Skye cv,
Welcome aboard
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 05:23 am
@Skye cv,
Hi Red - thanks for the referral - this place is busy and informative...

Thanks to all the other members who welcomed me too - sorry I've been missing for a bit but hope to post more in the next while.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:17 am
@Skye cv,
Welcome, Skye. I think you will like it here.
0 Replies