Another: What Would Jesus Do?

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:10 pm
Acourding to pinochet.....Pretty much the same thing as our fanatical islam enemies! What would Jesus really do? Forgive? Turn the other cheeck? Be a light in the darkness? Lead? Better yet what did Jesus do? Name one example, from the BIble, Where Jesus(the living human) Killed, cursed, burned, hit, beheaded, shot, hung, or in essence, did anything violent other than toss over a table. In this you will find the answer to the way i feel about the Roman Catholic Church. Who condemn, tear down, hide, and dictate the christian faith. The church who have members who say you can believe what you want, yet call you a blasfemer for believing it. Do you think this was Jesus' true intent? For his so called "chosen church", the church that should continue his church, to threaton, install fear, judge, and dictate his beliefs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,633 • Replies: 20
No top replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:12 pm
@trappedbyparties,
did he not destroy that bulding too?
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 11:06 am
@trappedbyparties,
So what we have anarchy and different beliefs everywhere rather than the most valid one, hoping ours is the way to heaven? Why shouldn't the Church call you a blasphemer if you are by their standards?
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 05:48 pm
@trappedbyparties,
"Name one example, from the BIble...."

"Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! No, I came to bring a sword." Matthew 10:34
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 05:54 pm
@trappedbyparties,
trapped.by.parties;16440 wrote:
Acourding to pinochet.....Pretty much the same thing as our fanatical islam enemies! What would Jesus really do? Forgive? Turn the other cheeck? Be a light in the darkness? Lead? Better yet what did Jesus do? Name one example, from the BIble, Where Jesus(the living human) Killed, cursed, burned, hit, beheaded, shot, hung, or in essence, did anything violent other than toss over a table. In this you will find the answer to the way i feel about the Roman Catholic Church. Who condemn, tear down, hide, and dictate the christian faith. The church who have members who say you can believe what you want, yet call you a blasfemer for believing it. Do you think this was Jesus' true intent? For his so called "chosen church", the church that should continue his church, to threaton, install fear, judge, and dictate his beliefs?

"Oh........he's out there, alright. He's really out there. It's like dialectics, man. You know.....dialectics? In dialectics, man, you're either right, or you're wrong. What are ya gonna do, man? Land in space on three-quarters, four-quarters......like fractions, man? Fug that, man. You either love somebody or you hate'm!"
-- Dennis Hopper, "Apocalypse Now!":headbang: :banana: :spaz:
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:08 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16550 wrote:
"Name one example, from the BIble...."

"Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! No, I came to bring a sword." Matthew 10:34

the tongue is sharper than the sword!!!! ring a bell. i doubt he litteraly meant that he came to kill anyone who didn't recieve him as the lord. Further in the chapter he also says...verse38:"and anyone who does not take his cross and fallow me is not worthy of me" now why would Jesus refer to something that none of his desciples knew of yet? The cross didn't become a symbol untill after the crussifiction. It was a symbol to remember the sacrifice that christ made in order for our sins to be forgiven. Why would he refer to it long before he ever mentioned he was to give his life for us? Furthermore, verse 16: "behold, i send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves, be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." in that whole conversation he is warning his desciples about what they will endore, what he commands, and what to watch out for. saying that if they are not carefull they will be brought in front of governors and kings and that people will give each other up for death and hate them and when that happens to flee and move to the next town and do the same untill he "becomes". so in this context, he is basicaly saying that people are going to turn against anyone who believes in him. never once does it lead anyone to believe that he came to install violence. You are taking the verse out of context of the scripture. It seems to me he is more or less trying to sort out the good from the bad. But then again if you read this out of the king james version it is translated poorly in my opinion, then the study bible is a translation of that. how many diffrent translations are there and wich one is the right one?
trappedbyparties

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 10:09 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;16441 wrote:
did he not destroy that bulding too?

no, it never says he destroyed the building. He was refering to his body(your body is your temple) and the crucifiction. When he released his soul in the 9th hour The earth turned dark and the earth shook and the temple crumbled. So in other words, he did, but in spirit. Not in human form. wich validates my point, never as a human did he do anything violent. And it is believed that jesus destroyed the temple, it can not be proven that it was him. just a "BELIEF".
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 10:39 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16518 wrote:
So what we have anarchy and different beliefs everywhere rather than the most valid one, hoping ours is the way to heaven? Why shouldn't the Church call you a blasphemer if you are by their standards?

luke 6:37 to 42 luke 6:43 to 45

to paraphrase, luke6:37 to 42, don't judge, don't condemn, forgive, give. "why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, "brother, let me take the speck out of your eye," when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? YOU HIPOCRITE, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye."

luke 6:43 to 45, "No good tree bears bad fruit, nore does a bad tree bear good fruit. each tree is recognized by its own fruit. people do not pick figgs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. for out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."

For a church to say that if you are not catholic you will go to hell. they are quit a bit against thier own beliefs. Just pointing out a flaw in the church. Much like Jesus did in the synagogues. As it is written fallow the word of the Lord and not the word of man.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 07:27 am
@trappedbyparties,
So??? Jesus said quite a bit more than that about the Kingdom of Heaven going to his followers, not just anyone. Any religion will tell you you aren't going to go to their paradise if you aren't one of them with very few exceptions. Any religious book can have quotes taken out of it that only vaguely supported the person's point of view (the person using the quote) and maybe not really at all. The devil could quote the Bible for his own purposes.

Who says the Church doesn't forgive? The Church forgives well enough, but it's kind of idiotic to say you aren't going to go to Hell for what you've done. The Church would have no point to it you see, everyone could be whatever religion they wanted, be forgiven, and get to Heaven. I would not be Catholic if this were true. Even with forgiveness, you still must face the consequences unless you properly repent. Also, the Church hardly routinely condemns people to hell. There is simply a belief that certain people are most likely going to Hell if they don't repent.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 02:18 pm
@trappedbyparties,
trapped.by.parties;16589 wrote:
the tongue is sharper than the sword!!!! ring a bell. i doubt he litteraly meant that he came to kill anyone who didn't recieve him as the lord. Further in the chapter he also says...verse38:"and anyone who does not take his cross and fallow me is not worthy of me" now why would Jesus refer to something that none of his desciples knew of yet? The cross didn't become a symbol untill after the crussifiction. It was a symbol to remember the sacrifice that christ made in order for our sins to be forgiven. Why would he refer to it long before he ever mentioned he was to give his life for us? Furthermore, verse 16: "behold, i send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves, be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." in that whole conversation he is warning his desciples about what they will endore, what he commands, and what to watch out for. saying that if they are not carefull they will be brought in front of governors and kings and that people will give each other up for death and hate them and when that happens to flee and move to the next town and do the same untill he "becomes". so in this context, he is basicaly saying that people are going to turn against anyone who believes in him. never once does it lead anyone to believe that he came to install violence. You are taking the verse out of context of the scripture. It seems to me he is more or less trying to sort out the good from the bad. But then again if you read this out of the king james version it is translated poorly in my opinion, then the study bible is a translation of that. how many diffrent translations are there and wich one is the right one?

Hold your blather, TBP. I merely answered your question. You demanded that somebody "name one example from the Bible", and I did. Sorta blew the bottom out of your bombastic argument, didn't it?
rugonnacry

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:15 pm
@trappedbyparties,
no, it never says he destroyed the building. He was refering to his body(your body is your temple) and the crucifiction. When he released his soul in the 9th hour The earth turned dark and the earth shook and the temple crumbled. So in other words, he did, but in spirit. Not in human form. wich validates my point, never as a human did he do anything violent. And it is believed that jesus destroyed the temple, it can not be proven that it was him. just a "BELIEF".

Just to make sure,

I am so to believe a belief about a belief? Or just accept it as a possibility?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:32 pm
@trappedbyparties,
Interpretation is mandatory. Lots of it. The Bible doesn't eliminate that fact. It only reinforces it.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:17 pm
@trappedbyparties,
I think whoever is right...we need to see angels, jinn or divas or whatever the case maybe on the street making magic and miracles and setting the world to right...Lets see them here on earth showing us the way uniting the world in harmony or tell them and their profits, escuse me prophets to make peace with each other and lets us get on with our lives
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:04 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16742 wrote:
Hold your blather, TBP. I merely answered your question. You demanded that somebody "name one example from the Bible", and I did. Sorta blew the bottom out of your bombastic argument, didn't it?

prove one thing that i said was wrong. I want YOU to prove to me that what i said was niether in the bible or the intent of the conversation. Are you really this arogant/ignorant? You answered and i retorted, thus the basis of an argument/debate. You didn't seriously expect me to just take your out of context answer and run with it did you? Oh wait you are from the catholic church!:headbang: And how the hell did that blow the bottom out of my argument? If your missinterpretation of that verse were correct then there is no difference between muslim and christian beliefs. You meant to say that Jesus said that he came to bring violence to non believers wich would trump regaknights argument that jesus was to bring peace, love, and joy. So fellow catholics can't even agree with thier sect of christianity.
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:14 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16639 wrote:
So??? Jesus said quite a bit more than that about the Kingdom of Heaven going to his followers, not just anyone. Any religion will tell you you aren't going to go to their paradise if you aren't one of them with very few exceptions. Any religious book can have quotes taken out of it that only vaguely supported the person's point of view (the person using the quote) and maybe not really at all. The devil could quote the Bible for his own purposes.

Who says the Church doesn't forgive? The Church forgives well enough, but it's kind of idiotic to say you aren't going to go to Hell for what you've done. The Church would have no point to it you see, everyone could be whatever religion they wanted, be forgiven, and get to Heaven. I would not be Catholic if this were true. Even with forgiveness, you still must face the consequences unless you properly repent. Also, the Church hardly routinely condemns people to hell. There is simply a belief that certain people are most likely going to Hell if they don't repent.

So you are just going to ignore and bypass your own book that describes your lifestyle? The bible says NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE GODS PEOPLE BUT GOD!!!!! So this instantly makes these religions(well christianity anyways) a big bunch of hipcrites. Sure you need to repent, But if you must repent before you die or you will go to hell....if someone comes from behind you and takes one shot to the head and you die instantly, you have no time to repent. Thus the catholic church is flawed again. Telling someone they are going to go to hell is condemning them to hell. If the Bible that was put together by your sect of christianity says that no one but God should judge people what the hell gives them the right to say it. Well i guess if they repent for all of this it is ok!!!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 07:56 am
@trappedbyparties,
If you sin without repentance you are not 'God's people', if you are not Christian or Jewish, you are not 'God's people.' We are not condemning them to hell as we wish, we simply have a doctrine that says 'you are going to Hell if... and you don't repent or if... or... or whatever,' because that's what's also in the Bible. It simply repeats God's message.

If you are going to repent on your deathbed because you're afraid of Hell, you'll at least have a very long stay in purgatory. If you want to repent, you can do it right there and then. If that person did not repent their sins by the time that person shot them, they died without wanting to repent.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 08:09 am
@trappedbyparties,
Jesus turned the other cheek the first time he was here, not likely the second.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 10:09 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16834 wrote:
If you sin without repentance you are not 'God's people', if you are not Christian or Jewish, you are not 'God's people.' We are not condemning them to hell as we wish, we simply have a doctrine that says 'you are going to Hell if... and you don't repent or if... or... or whatever,' because that's what's also in the Bible. It simply repeats God's message.

If you are going to repent on your deathbed because you're afraid of Hell, you'll at least have a very long stay in purgatory. If you want to repent, you can do it right there and then. If that person did not repent their sins by the time that person shot them, they died without wanting to repent.

But we (PEOPLE) are able to change the rules to what gets us into heaven, Even you christians.
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 10:11 am
@trappedbyparties,
(That reads bad I wasnt saying christians arent people LOL)
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:22 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;16853 wrote:
But we (PEOPLE) are able to change the rules to what gets us into heaven, Even you christians.

What?
0 Replies