cfd.exe ---> broadjump client foundation

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:34 pm
5. BROADJUMP CLIENT FOUNDATION: During your use or installation of the overall Licensed Software, the BroadJump Client Foundation ("CFD.exe") may be installed on your computer. The BroadJump Client Foundation is a small application that facilitates communications between the client software on your computer and your IAP's servers that manage these applications. The BroadJump Client Foundation periodically queries BroadJump or your IAP's servers for one or more of the following reasons (a) to upload the subscriber registration information that is collected at installation, or (b) to check for available updates to your broadband access and support software or messages from your IAP, or (c) for authentication to your IAP's servers for certain application communications. By using the Licensed Software, you are granting BroadJump and your IAP the right to collect and use this information and to send information and communications to your computer, as BroadJump and/or your IAP deem necessary or appropriate. Furthermore, by using the Licensed Software, you are waiving the right to bring a claim or lawsuit against BroadJump or your IAP arising out of or relating to BroadJump or your IAP sending information or communications to your computer. To uninstall CFD.exe, or any other applications installed by this Software on your computer, please follow standard un-installation procedures for your operating system.

found this in c:/programs files/broadjump/client foundation/license.txt.

saw someone looking for info about the cfd.exe file.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 6,670 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:35 pm
Welcome to A2K!

Out of curiosity, what ISP bundled that program for you?
0 Replies

jlwggns2000

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:37 pm
isp service
i'm using cox cable out of oklahoma city.
i'm going to assume they put it on my pc when i installed there software.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:40 pm
You're not trying to get rid of it are you? If so there is a whole thread about that that I can dig up for you.
0 Replies

jlwggns2000

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:55 pm
update
found this in the license.txt file.

CREDITS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org), Copyright (c) 1998-1999 The OpenSSL Project. All rights reserved.

This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young ([email protected]), Copyright © 1995-1998 Eric Young ([email protected]). All rights reserved.

This product includes software developed by the International Components for Unicode open source development project. Such software is available in source code form at (http://oss.software.ibm.com).

This product is distributed with Macromedia's Flash Player software, Copyright © Macromedia, Inc.

This product contains ICU software, Copyright (c) 1995-2001 International Business Machines Corporation and others. All rights reserved.

This product contains software created by Carnegie Mellon University, the Regents of the University of California. Copyright 1989, 1991, 1992 by Carnegie Mellon University. Derivative Work - 1996, 1998-2000, Copyright 1996, 1998-2000 The Regents of the University of California.

This product contains software created by Networks Associates Technology, Inc. Copyright (c) 2001, Networks Associates Technology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. However, portions of that code are copyright (c) 2001, Cambridge Broadband Ltd. All rights reserved.

This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org), Copyright © 1999 The Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.

if you don't mind list the thread link and i'll check it out.
not sure if i need the exe file yet or not.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:57 pm
Here ya go: Broad Jump Client Foundation
0 Replies

jlwggns2000

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:07 pm
found it
got digging around and found the cox cable install disk and it has the broadjump loader on it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:19 pm
BTW, I am pretty sure you don't need it. I'm also pretty sure it won't harm ya.

In other words you can pretty much choose to keep it or get rid of it without making much of a difference.
0 Replies