more random religion

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 11:29 am
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

flying spaghetti monster?

possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard, the Pirates/Global Warming graph is the best.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,659 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 01:54 pm
@Silverchild79,
Come on, how old is this and you just heard about it now?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 02:06 pm
@Silverchild79,
generally walks of faith based on dinner entrees don't make my list of things to Google
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 02:15 pm
@Silverchild79,
It's huge on many websites and top atheists have endorsed it (I'm sure you do realize it's just a satire of religion), it's a pretty big thing to miss.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
When i come up against a spaghette monster theorist i always ask them the position on the Big Bang, caused or uncaused/cause? There arguemnt usually goes south from there.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
more like Sauced or un Sauced?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:05 pm
@Silverchild79,
I have yet to see a theorist answer un sauced, uncaused/cause. It's hard to get anything out of them after that, LOL.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
I have a theory on that actually and I'm a "theorist" although I have no interest in the FSM
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:43 pm
@Silverchild79,
Caused or uncaused/cause?
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:27 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19113 wrote:
Caused or uncaused/cause?

Caused but possibly both

The theory is based around what we know about a black hole

What is currently known is that when a star dies it implodes, and the vacuum that it creates draws in all around it, it's gravity is so great not even light can escape. The gravity it generates can take entire planets an compress them into the size of a grain of salt. The sheer power of a black hole is nearly beyond the scope of our current logic to fully understand.

But what's the saying? "What goes up must come down".

My theory (although we've yet to witness it, but bare in mind we've only been able to confirm the existence of black holes for a little under 30 years) is that there is a capacity, a finite amount, for how much matter a black hole can cram into itself. It builds and builds until it reaches a size where even it's own tremendous gravity cannot hold it together, and in one amazing moment it comes undone.

The event that would create could be called a big bang.

The theory explains Black Holes, I simply refuse to believe these things can go on eating matter infinitely. The cycle theory (our sun will eventually die and become a black hole itself) also resembles natural laws about life cycles in ecosystems we know to be fact. It's very harmonious, even on a large scale.

As to whether is was the active hand of a sentient God or the natural bi-product of the existence he has created we cannot know, but I would think our universe must have been created as our reality deals with finite numbers and you cannot generate something from nothing.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:31 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
you cannot generate something from nothing.

Why not?
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:44 am
@markx15,
markx15;19217 wrote:
Why not?

because everything in existance is composed of something

therefore the the only thing which you can make from nothing would be composed of nothing

and the only thing composed of nothing is nothing, or democratic political promises ;-)

if you can provide any evidence to the contrary I'll gladly to hear it
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
If you were Pastafarian, would you be Pirate or Ninja?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:29 pm
@Silverchild79,
have to be a Pirate I would think, although htye could have a reformation or something

maybe whitesauce FSM is ninja?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:36 pm
@Silverchild79,
Ninjas are the Reformation:

Uncyclopedia wrote:
Piratian

Blackbeard, an inspiration for all Pastafarians, and somewhat idolized by Piratians. In the 18th century, pirates were in large numbers, and climate change was under control. Note sword and regalia.“Alas! How I wish I were a pirate! To be at sea, to wear regalia, to have a cutlass, to reduce global warming. Oh what a wonderful life!”

~ Oscar Wilde on Flying Spaghetti Monsterism
Generally, Piratians are traditionalist worshipers, most notably the First Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

While the Flying Spaghetti Monster is somewhat tolerant of most dress, He shows a distinct preference to full pirate regalia. Hooks are definitely a plus. Being touched by His noodly, but small, appendage is guaranteed with a parrot on one's shoulder.

Within the Orthodox Monsterist Church one must at all times have on-hand at least one of the sacred garments of the Pirate, although members need not wear said garb, they must have it ready should the Flying Spaghetti Monster call upon them to fulfill His divine will.

At Church services, they often call upon their deity, reciting the most holy creed that Captain Mosey taught them:

Our spaghetti
Who art in the colander
Hallowed be thy sauce
Thy serving come
Thy strands be wrung
On forks as they are on spoons
Give us this day our daily meatball
And forgive us our starchiness
As we forgive those who are starchy against us
And lead us not into Kraft parmessan
But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee
For thine is the garlic
And the onion and the bay leaves
For ever and ever.
R'Amen
Oftentimes, these worshipers will claim that all other groups secretly worship the false, but competing gods of Macaroni and Cheese, and believe, in fact, that Moominism is a ridiculous liberal myth.

When passing on the lore of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, it is imperative to abide by this dress code, lest he unleash the terrors of George Bush upon this Earth. To appease him, a saucrifice must be performed by saucrificing a virgin tomato.

Ninjaists
“The Ninjas be a ghastly lot!”

~ Oscar Wilde on Flying Spaghetti Monsterism
The Reformed Church of Alfredo, alongside several other rebel sects, wisely believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster favors sleek black Ninja clothes over the more widely-accepted Piratian view. They follow the words of the prophet Alfredo de Spag-Hetti, in which he foretells of "the imminent end of all things, the Great Sauce Dump, in which both unbelievers and pirates alike shall be awash in the bottomless Lake of Noodleless Meat Sauce."

Representing a medium, members of the Pastafarian congregation Ninja-Pirate Assembly of God are comfortable in floppy pirate boots, tricorn hat, black ninja gi with 2 swords on the back, and a nighthawk on the shoulder; a look, Oscar Wilde says, is "Yummy!"

There's a huge uncyclopedia article on it (it's pretty much the site's official religion.) I'd be a ninja, myself.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:41 pm
@Silverchild79,
Gentlemen, I am dumbfounded and truly speechless...
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 11:41 am
@Silverchild79,
Post whore LOL (me too)
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 12:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
POST WHORES UNITE!
One for me.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 12:50 pm
@Silverchild79,
:pw: :pw:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 09:04 am
@Silverchild79,
OK, i'm a cheap post whore, and also the King, LOL.
Congrats on your thousanth Reagal.