Kansas violates seperation of Chruch and State

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 10:00 pm
Airport adds foot basins for Muslim cabbies [HOMELAND INSECURITY]

you know at the local Target in town the "Holiday section" (formerly known as the Christmas section) was moved to the far corner of the store as not to offend people.

I bet if you take a census more Catholics use that airport then Muslims... we should petition for a Holy Water fountain so that Catholics can bless themselves before getting on a flight. No we can't to that, that would violate separation of church and state!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 716 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 10:25 pm
@Silverchild79,
It is simply incrementalism at work. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. It should be noted that this ritual is not required absolutely. A Muslim that has no water can use sand or even perform the ritual with nothing at all if nothing is available. The taboos against certain foods may even be bypassed in the case of necessity.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 08:54 am
@Silverchild79,
LMAO when i read this it one of the responces. "Gee, I sure hope no one urinates or defecates into these holy prayer basins by mistake. That would be just terrible." I suppose it will happen more often the not. I'm sure as far as the state is concerned it is just a sink that is on the floor. Interpretation is too whom ever is gonna use it, or deems it usable, LOL.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 09:55 am
@Silverchild79,
That's stupid, though there's really no such thing as separation of church and state. It's "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" which wasn't violated here. Still, I hope if the occasion ever arises, someone from a mainstream religion like Christianity or Judaism requests that something be done and then makes a civil rights case out of it when it isn't.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 09:59 am
@Silverchild79,
still, I want a holy water fountain for catholics and a Buddha for Buddhists. If Muslims should have their prayer tools provided by the government the only fair thing to do is to offer it to all Americans.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 04:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
That airport is run by the Kansas city Aviation Department (unless I found another Kansas City International airport) and according to themselves funded solely from airport user charges with no general tax fund revenues being used. Would that fall under seperation of church and state that a city owned independently financed institution installed wash basins for muslims?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 04:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
well it might not be tax money but it's within reasonable public domain. You hear stories of Christmas trees being taken down in city halls every year simply because it offends non Christians.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 06:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
Well, by definition alone if it's public domain there's no issue for having it. If enough other religious groups want, I am sure they can get something there for them, or have it removed in fair interest, but let's not go bluring the line of church and state, the christians already have tried that enough. Of course if it true is public domain, than feel free to wash your hands in it if you see one Razz
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 07:52 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
but let's not go bluring the line of church and state, the christians already have tried that enough.

Well hell, we must blur better then we think. We blured it to the point that you can't find Sep of Church and state in the Constitution? I don't think we just tried, i would say we succeeded.
0 Replies