God's Signs in the DNA

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 09:29 pm
[SIZE="2"]DNA[/SIZE] is like a language in the heart of the cell, a molecular message, a set of instructions telling the cell how to construct proteins-much like the software needed to run a computer. Moreover, the amount of information DNA includes is staggering: A single cell of the human body contains three or four times more information as all 30 volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica. As a result, the question of the origin of life must now be redefined as the question of the origin of biological information. Can information arise by natural forces alone? Or does it require an intelligent agent?

http://www.biologycorner.com/resources/DNA-colored.gif

DNA is composed of ordinary chemicals (bases, sugars, phosphates that react according to ordinary laws. What makes DNA function as a message is not the chemicals themselves but rather their sequence, their pattern. The chemicals in DNA are grouped into molecules (called nucleotides) that act like letters in a message, and they must be in a particular order if the message is going to be intelligible. If the letters are scrambled, the result is nonsense. So the crucial question is whether the sequence of chemical "letters" arose by natural causes or whether it required an intelligent source. Is it the product of law or design?

Since DNA contains information, the case can be stated even more strongly in terms of information theory, a field of research that investigates the ways information is transmitted. The naturalistic scientist has only two possible ways to explain the origin of life-either chance or natural law. But information theory provides a powerful tool for discounting both of these explanations. Both chance and law lead to structures with low information content, whereas DNA has a very high information content."

The sequence of basis in DNA can not be explained by natural law because there are no chemical laws that make any sequence more likely than another. At the same time these sequences are so complicated that they can not be explained by chance.

"Based on probability factors . . any viable DNA strand having over 84 nucleotides cannot be the result of haphazard mutations. At that stage, the probabilities are 1 in 4.80 x 10[[50]]. Such a number, if written out, would read:

"Mathematicians agree that any requisite number beyond 10[50] has, statistically, a zero probability of occurrence (and even that gives it the benefit of the doubt!). Any species known to us, including the smallest single-cell bacteria, have enormously larger number of nucleotides than 100 or 1000. In fact, single cell bacteria display about 3,000,000 nucleotides, aligned in a very specific sequence. This means that there is no mathematical probability whatever for any known species to have been the product of a random occurrence—random mutations (to use the evolutionist's favorite expression)."—I. L. Cohen, Darwin was Wrong, 1984, p. 205.

The study of DNA provides powerful new evidence that life is the product of intelligent design.

Today, holding on to the hope that some natural process will be found to explain DNA is supremely irrational. The elusive process that naturalists hope to find would have to be completely unprecedented, different in kind from any we currently know.

Although humans share about 97% of their DNA structure with some higher non-human animals, those last 3% are so vital that all of human civilization, religion, art, science, philosophy and, most importantly, their moral nature depends upon it.

It is the 3% that distinguishes the theistic view of man's origin from the non-theistic view, as well as from the various societal and cultural consequences distinguishing each belief. As John Quincy Adams warned long ago, without a belief in theistic origins [in that three percent difference] man will have no conscience. He will have no other law than that of the tiger and the shark."

ON ALL FRONTS, scientists are being forced to face up to the evidence for an intelligent cause. Ever since big bang theory was proposed, cosmologists have had to wrestle with the implications that the universe had an absolute beginning-and therefore a transcendent creator. The discovery of the information content in DNA is forcing biologists to recognize an intelligent cause for the origin of life. So, too, the fact of irreducible complexity is raising the question of design in living things.

Allah (God) says in the Holy Quran what means:
"And say: Praise be to Allah Who will show you His portents (signs) so that ye shall know them. And thy Lord is not unaware of what ye (mortals) do." [The Noble Quran 27:39]

Also, Allah says in the Holy Quran what means"
" We (Allah) shall show them Our portents on the horizons and within themselves until it will be manifest unto them that it is the Truth. Doth not thy Lord suffice, since He is Witness over all things?" [The Noble Quran 41:53]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,257 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 11:12 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
Ah, the old "tornado in a junkyard" argument. Pure strawman.

Your flaw is that you think that "chance" has a substantial role. This highlights your lack of science education.

Four times the size of a full set of encyclopedia? Wow, that seems like so much!

Index of /goldenPath/hg18/bigZips

Thereya go Smile And I can store it on a device the size of my thumbnail.

http://podfeet.com/NosillaCast/NC_2006_08_27/micro_sd_card.jpg

One of these. They're cheap, you can get them at any electronics store.

DNA isn't all that complex. We've even added a few extra base goodies to the usual GATC lineup.

I thought someone of your alleged intelligence could comprehend large numbers and structures. Guess I was wrong.

Enjoy the genome downloads, I can give you links to several dozen other vertebrates and invertebrates, bacteria and such. Oh, that reminds me... did you realize that the genome of an amoeba (a "one celled" creature) is 100 times the size of ours? One hundred times the "information". Wonder what makes a designer so inefficient that it would take so much "information" to create such a small creature, yet us with our 3% of morals, religion, art, philosophy, requires so little...
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 04:44 am
@Sabz5150,
"the DNA"

there is only one?
SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2009 06:36 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,

The Sunday Times
June 11, 2006
By: Steven Swinford
Source:

THE scientist who led the team that cracked the human genome is to publish a book explaining why he now believes in the existence of God and is convinced that miracles are real.

Francis Collins, the director of the US National Human Genome Research Institute
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2009 05:43 am
@SWORD of GOD,
[SIZE="3"]The Fameous Atheist Philosopher 'Anthony Flew' Announced that Indeed the Universe was Created!

'I Do Believe in God after all'[/SIZE]

One of the most renowned atheists of the past half century has changed his mind and decided that there is a God after all.

(Anthony Flew)

The newspapers were echoing with these regret-filled words by Antony Flew, in his time a well-known atheist philosopher. The 81-year-old British professor of philosophy Flew chose to become an atheist at the age of 15, and first made a name for himself in the academic field with a paper published in 1950. In the 54 years that followed, he defended atheism as a teacher at the universities of Oxford, Aberdeen, Keele and Reading, at many American and Canadian universities he visited, in debates, books, lecture halls and articles. In recent days, however, Flew has announced that he has abandoned this error and accepts that the universe was created.

The decisive factor in this radical change of view is the clear and definitive evidence revealed by science on the subject of creation. Flew realized, in the face of the information-based complexity of life, that the true origin of life is intelligent design and that the atheism he had espoused for 66 years was a discredited philosophy.

Flew announced the scientific reasons underlying this change in belief in these terms:
[1]

[2]

[3]

The [SIZE="3"]DNA[/SIZE] research which Flew cites as a fundamental reason for his change of opinion has indeed revealed striking facts about creation. The helix shape of the DNA molecule, its possession of the genetic code, the nucleotide strings that refute blind chance, the storage of encyclopedic quantities of information and many other striking findings have revealed that the structure and functions of this molecule were arranged for life with a special design. Comments by scientists concerned with DNA research bear witness to this fact.

Francis Crick, for instance, one of the scientists who revealed the helix shape of DNA admitted in the face of the findings regarding DNA that the origin of life indicated a miracle:

An honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle, so many are the conditions which would have had to have been satisfied to get it going.[4]

Based on his calculations, Led Adleman of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles has stated that one gram of DNADNA is that the existence of the coded genetic information can definitely not be explained in terms of matter and energy or natural laws. Dr. Werner Gitt, a professor at the German Federal Institute of Physics and Technology, has said this on the subject:

The Hidden Face of God," Gerald Schroeder, one of the creationist scientists who influenced Flew, writes:

A single consciousness, a universal wisdom, pervades the universe. The discoveries of science, those that search the quantum nature of subatomic matter, have moved us to the brink of a startling realization: all existence is the expression of this wisdom. In the laboratories we experience it as information that first physically articulated as energy and then condensed into the form of matter. Every particle, every being, from atom to human, appears to represent a level of information, of wisdom. [10]

Scientific research into both the functioning of the cell and the subatomic particles of matter has revealed this fact in an indisputable manner: Life and the universe were brought into being from nothing by the will of an entity possessed of a superior mind and wisdom. There is no doubt that the possessor of that knowledge and mind that designed the universe at all levels is Almighty Allah (God). Allah (God) reveals these truths in many verses of the Quran.

[SIZE="2"]References:[/SIZE] Washington Times - Lifelong atheist changes mind about divine creatorPhilosophy NowSorry, says atheist-in-chief, I do believe in God after all - Times OnlineNo article with this DOI : Nature NewsPhilosophy NowBiola > Page 1 : Biola News & Communications.)

[10] Gerald Schroeder, The Hidden Face of God, Touchstone, New York, 2001, p. xi.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2009 10:41 am
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;64954 wrote:
[SIZE="3"]The Fameous Atheist Philosopher 'Anthony Flew' Announced that Indeed the Universe was Created!

'I Do Believe in God after all'[/SIZE]

LIAR!

Secular Web Kiosk and Bookstore :: Sorry to Disappoint, but I'm Still an Atheist!
SWORD of GOD

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2009 04:02 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,

You demonstrate a classical example of an atheist in a shocking state of denial!

It seems the pain shock is overwhelming that you can not handle it in a civilized manner! Is this the Atheism ethics!!?

It is not me who you throw your desperate anger and frustration on but You need to contact those reputable sources like The Washington Times and the Sunday Times.

[SIZE="2"]References:[/SIZE] Washington Times - Lifelong atheist changes mind about divine creatorPhilosophy NowSorry, says atheist-in-chief, I do believe in God after all - Times OnlineNo article with this DOI : Nature NewsPhilosophy NowBiola > Page 1 : Biola News & Communications.)

[10] Gerald Schroeder, The Hidden Face of God, Touchstone, New York, 2001, p. xi.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 08:22 am
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;64965 wrote:
You demonstrate a classical example of an atheist in a shocking state of denial!

It seems the pain shock is overwhelming that you can not handle it in a civilized manner! Is this the Atheism ethics!!?

It is not me who you throw your desperate anger and frustration on but You need to contact those reputable sources like The Washington Times and the Sunday Times.

Again you're still wrong. Did you even read the articles you posted? He never said he believed the universe was created, the only thing he said was that he believes there is intelligence but never said anything was created.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2009 09:14 am
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;64965 wrote:

You demostrate an inability to talk in a civil tounge to those who do not belive in your god.

If you post make sure the facts are straight?

Do you belive everything written in the papers?

What about this one?

Women choose exile as Taliban laws return - Times Online

and this one?

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Iran is ready to talk to 'honest' Barack Obama - Times Online

My friend there are many more things to life than chasing a magic man you have never met, nor as the mountain of scientific evidence suggets are you ever likely to meet. Good luck with it though, and I hope it's all woth it in the end, I would hate to think you wasted the best part of 70 years chasing the magic man only to find out you aint never gonna meet him.:thumbup:
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 06:36 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Happy Easter!!!! He is Risen!!!!
xexon

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 09:03 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Muslims would take a dim view of that.
Volunteer

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 12:37 pm
@xexon,
xexon;65003 wrote:
Muslims would take a dim view of that.

Now we see as through a glass darkly.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 01:14 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64995 wrote:
Happy Easter!!!! He is Risen!!!!

By "he" I assume you mean Ishtar's (easter's) husband Tammuz. Ishtar/easter is the mother goddess of love and fertility. An Akkadian fragment describes the wailing of Ishtar for Tammuz, whose annual death, resurrection, and marriage strongly indicate a fertility ritual connected with the agricultural cycle. His worship spread into Canaan where the custom was eventually adopted by the Hebrews. Rabbits and Eggs are symbols of fertility. The return of tammuz is a metaphor for the return of spring as the ground becomes fertile again and life returns to plants.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Easter is an akkadian pagan holiday.
0 Replies