Ladies and Gentlemen

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 05:57 am
I would like to firstly introduce myself. I am Allen Vaughn; a 25 year dreamer from Tennessee. I am currently working on a project to make the Youth in America able to freely voice their opinions and actually be heard. I capitalize the word Youth because we ARE the future of this country. I realize that we will all not share the same beliefs, but we can always agree to disagree, right? I have a website Allen Vaughn for President 08 and a MySpace page www.myspace.com/thepresident08 ; both of which I encourage everyone to visit. I would like feedback and your opinions as well. I don't want America to only hear my voice. All Youth in America needs to be heard. Although I feel this is the greatest country on Earth, there are SEVERAL things that HAVE to change or we will eventually crumble like the Roman Empire. It's easy to not pay attention and live our simple, little lives, but I also know there are other dreamers like me out there trying to make a difference. I realize those dreamers sometimes work against the dreams I have, but atleast those people are out there making a difference. As Thomas Sowell once said, "The great divide in this country is not between Democrats and Republicans, or women and men, but between talkers and doers." I am eager to hear what everyone has to say; positive and negative. Everyone always has room to grow. So, to everyone here.....
Hello and I look forward to talking to you. Have a great day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,302 • Replies: 5
No top replies

rhopper3

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 02:03 pm
@Allen Vaughn,
The probelm also lies in the reverse, doing without thinking. Doing something, the wrong thing, for the sake of doing anything is just as bad if not worse than doing nothing. A nation begins to decay when custom and tradition begin to replace goals...
Also Try not to recreate the generation gap. We spent 40 years recovering from the one that popped up in the 60s. (i'm not quite that old I was a child then but I grew up in the aftermath)
When all the positive messages spawned by people of all ages and races are outweighed by bile artificially dredged up between the sexes, races and generations and races, even the brightest of dreams become moot....
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:52 pm
@Allen Vaughn,
Welcome to the forum! Not a very eloquent frase, but definatly suitable.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 09:44 pm
@Allen Vaughn,
Welcome Allen.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:04 am
@Allen Vaughn,
Welcome from Texas !
0 Replies

Pinochet73