Islam and democracy, are they compatable?

Red cv

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 01:48 pm
I often ask the above question, there is a country wide roar at the moment in Canada and as per the norm Islam is the reason. Elections Canada ruled that Muslim women can vote without showing their face. The PM and EC are fighting over this issue at the moment. I can't walked down the street in a belaclava or ski mask but it's okay for Muslims women to walked around completely shrouded in fabric. I don't believe in appeasing and pandering to religions or another cultures. Why aren't Muslims attempting to assimilate or integrate in Democratic Countries? Here in Canada they form tight religious enclaves, entire communities where other religions and races have been forced out (usually using violence and intimitation) of their communities. My goverment ignores the problems that have evolved because of lack of integration. Gang violence, increased rapes, increased crime, government leaders are more concerned with race relation (even though Islam isn't a race it's given special status as if it were) than law enforcement.

From what I've read it's worse in the US, special foot basins in Airports and Universities. Cab Drivers leaving blind people stranded at the curb because Allah said dogs are dirty. Today I read an article where cab drivers were up in arms that they get tickets for parking in a no parking zone (dah no brainer don't park there) when they go to their prayer tent that the Airport installed for them to pray. So this is my question will this continue to the point that an employer will be forced to enact Sharia Law (that's what the cases of appeasement amount to) in the work place (praying fives times aday) or will we put a stop to this nonsense?

I believe that a person should leave their religion at the front door when they leave their house, for Christians and Jews this isn't a problem but Muslims demand and expect the Government to enforce Sharia Law visa vie foot baths, special prayer rooms excluding other faiths and segregating females etc. Islam is de-evolving our countries with their never ending stream of demands, the left are at fault they call it Reasonable Accomadation" I call it insanity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 888 • Replies: 11
No top replies

mlurp

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 10:30 pm
@Red cv,
Well put. I can only add Islam is a danger to the entire world. Do they still behead the messenger. lol

The reason is the good people and there are many more than the Terror crowd, remains silence and allow this in the name of their religion. So sooner or later it will control them by deception and force. So if they don't speak up they are the same as the terrorist in the long run.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:52 am
@Red cv,
Red;37555 wrote:
I often ask the above question, there is a country wide roar at the moment in Canada and as per the norm Islam is the reason. Elections Canada ruled that Muslim women can vote without showing their face. The PM and EC are fighting over this issue at the moment. I can't walked down the street in a belaclava or ski mask but it's okay for Muslims women to walked around completely shrouded in fabric. I don't believe in appeasing and pandering to religions or another cultures. Why aren't Muslims attempting to assimilate or integrate in Democratic Countries? Here in Canada they form tight religious enclaves, entire communities where other religions and races have been forced out (usually using violence and intimitation) of their communities. My goverment ignores the problems that have evolved because of lack of integration. Gang violence, increased rapes, increased crime, government leaders are more concerned with race relation (even though Islam isn't a race it's given special status as if it were) than law enforcement.

From what I've read it's worse in the US, special foot basins in Airports and Universities. Cab Drivers leaving blind people stranded at the curb because Allah said dogs are dirty. Today I read an article where cab drivers were up in arms that they get tickets for parking in a no parking zone (dah no brainer don't park there) when they go to their prayer tent that the Airport installed for them to pray. So this is my question will this continue to the point that an employer will be forced to enact Sharia Law (that's what the cases of appeasement amount to) in the work place (praying fives times aday) or will we put a stop to this nonsense?

I believe that a person should leave their religion at the front door when they leave their house, for Christians and Jews this isn't a problem but Muslims demand and expect the Government to enforce Sharia Law visa vie foot baths, special prayer rooms excluding other faiths and segregating females etc. Islam is de-evolving our countries with their never ending stream of demands, the left are at fault they call it Reasonable Accomadation" I call it insanity.
mlurp

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 12:49 am
@tvsej,
tvsej, that is good. the more people that get upset over this double standard is a good thing.
Where in Germany if I might ask. I was in Munich and Bad Tolz. Sorry i can't put the .. over the o in Tolz. that was 1954 - 1960 and 1961 - 1964. My step mother is German. She lives in the southern part of Germany.
Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 02:38 am
@Red cv,
Now if we can just get enough moderate Muslims ticked off about the radical element, we can hope for better relations with Islam.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 02:48 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;37918 wrote:
tvsej, that is good. the more people that get upset over this double standard is a good thing.
Where in Germany if I might ask. I was in Munich and Bad Tolz. Sorry i can't put the .. over the o in Tolz. that was 1954 - 1960 and 1961 - 1964. My step mother is German. She lives in the southern part of Germany.
mlurp

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 10:47 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;37928 wrote:

I was about almost 8 in the winter of 1954. Me and mom and my 3 younger brothers were together then. In 1960 we left for home. Divorce. But I wasn't even aware of what had happened. In 1961 or 1962 my dad got me back to Germany and I found I had a wonderful step mother and German family besides my real birth family. In 1964 Dad I and my step mom returned to America. Which I didn't want to go to. I had read about gangs and murders etc., etc. Like most others the news affected me too. And that is why today Americans are not as welcome in many places. News reports.
But when i was there a German mark was worth 25 cent American. And I had more German friends than American friends. I loved the large areas of woods and the beer. Dark and rich in taste.
But when we went to Munich there were still piles of rubble and brick from the war even in 1955.
By the 60's it was cleaned up and rebuilt.
I have my passport and do plan some day to return to southern Germany.

Re: Islam and democracy, are they compatable?
--------------------------------------------------- Curmudgeon
Now if we can just get enough moderate Muslims ticked off about the radical element, we can hope for better relations with Islam. lol.
I think we have enough pissed off for the moment. When Lil Bush hits Iran we will have the entire Arab world at our throats.
tvsej

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 11:13 am
@mlurp,
Sad to hear mlurp, my sympathy. Was your Dad in the service stationed here or is/was he Deutsche?
I also hope that you can one day return here to meet up with your family again, they will surely welcome you.

Yeah, news like that coming from here at that time (peace in west Germany)would scare me too. Shoot, I get scared now when I think about visiting home, not a lot of what you heard back then has changed, in fact it is much worse now.
They still preserve the woods and the bier it is still great tasting.
Make that trip, you won't be sorry, Bayern is beautiful anytime of year.
T.
mlurp

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 12:15 pm
@tvsej,
Re: Islam and democracy, are they compatable?
--------------------------------------------------- Curmudgeon
Now if we can just get enough moderate Muslims ticked off about the radical element, we can hope for better relations with Islam. lol.
I think we have enough pissed off for the moment. When Lil Bush hits Iran we will have the entire Arab world at our throats.

tvsej
Well life goes on. And dad was an American Soldier, in intelligence. Worked with MI 5 and German Intelligence. The second trip there he was in the 10thSpecial Forces Group in Bad Tolz. I love it. Dad got me a rations card for cigerettes and coffee and I went to the beer halls and made some money with it. We lived in the country amoung the Germans and it was just great.

I learned to play chess from his co-worker who escaped from Russia by beating 2 eastern boarder guards at chess once they caught him. Not that I am that good. A fine man. He was shot on the bridge in a prisoner exchange in Berlin. I can't recall his name. But he was fun to be around. I spoke more German back then..
mlurp

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 11:01 pm
@mlurp,
Sorry I forgot to say NO they are not even in this world together. The Muslims want and want. How is give me anything like democracy?
wvpeach

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 04:45 am
@mlurp,
Well its a different world now .

I imagine people were saying the same thing during the Christian crusades. I imagine peasants around the world said to their neighbors , these christians seem to want to take over the world and kill all who do not agree with them. What can we do?

I believe all faiths should be respected in the world , but that does not transfer to what happens in public. Schools, voting booths, work places all have to treat everyone the same. When I say faiths should be treated with respect I mean people should be free to serve their faith as they please as long as they do not hurt their neighbor .

Its a different world from the christian crusades where people everywhere across the world were killed if they wouldn't convert to Christianity. It will be interesting to see just how different the out come of this similar historical situation will be.

After all during the christian crusades the guilty party operated mostly in secret. Today a massacre would hopefully be splashed across the TV's across the world and nobody could wonder if it was coming to their land next.

Its a different world . The outcome will be much different .
mlurp

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 01:00 pm
@wvpeach,
Your right wvpeach, the Pope started the first crusade. But todays world is far larger than what you refer to back then. And a lot more dangerous as the swords are gone and we now have many times the power of the sun to destory not only whom we preceive as an enemy but the entire world.
0 Replies