Pontificate to the masses!

Dmizer

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 08:06 am
What are your personal beliefs?
Answer these questions with loyalty to your beliefs, do not flame or respond to others posts. This is meant as a declaration of your own beliefs, not an oppurtunity to put down someone elses. It will serve to clarify peoples stances on issues, to allow others to judge your future posts based upon what they know of your beliefs. It is easier to know where people are going when you know where they are coming from!

Do you believe in God?
If not what do you believe in?

Religious affiliation?

Denomination?

Is the Bible/Quran/Torah/Book of Mormon etc.... the word of God or is it something less?

When was the the most shameful period of your religions history? (Dark ages, Crusades, current times?) and Why? This goes to the understanding of one's religion and history, for all religions have gone through a "Dark age".

When was or is the greatest period of your religions history?

what is going to happen to you when you die?

How should those of other religions be treated according to your beliefs?

What is the greatest place to live on earth taking into account your religious affiliation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 769 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:53 am
@Dmizer,
Do you believe in God?
If not what do you believe in?

Without a doubt, science proves that something cannot come from nothing

Religious affiliation?

None

Denomination?

Agnostic

Is the Bible/Quran/Torah/Book of Mormon etc.... the word of God or is it something less?

All attempts by a foul-able man to understand their God

When was the the most shameful period of your religions history? (Dark ages, Crusades, current times?) and Why? This goes to the understanding of one's religion and history, for all religions have gone through a "Dark age".

Dark Ages & Crusades: Believing that God actually wants you to declare war against your neighbor over a pile of dirt is perhaps as far as you can get from God's will. And Under Secular liberty religion can flourish, but under a Church run state Liberty cannot.

When was or is the greatest period of your religions history?

Today, Tomorrow it will be tomorrow. Understanding God is a practice of constant refinement.

what is going to happen to you when you die?

I will die and my actions while I live will reverberate in the afterlife

Every religion should be able to seperate their own intolerances to live in Harmony and agree to disagree. It's time to stop claiming that everyone who disagrees with you is following the devil.

What is the greatest place to live on earth taking into account your religious affiliation?

I prefur Oregon, but any free country will do
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 10:51 am
@Dmizer,
1. Yes, I believe in God.

2. Christian

3. Catholicism, Roman if you like. Not really a denomination, IMO, but...

4. Depends what part you're looking at. Too general to answer.

5. Most shameful period of my religion's history: Reformation. The Reformers had a few good points, even if most of what their successors believe is wrong and we currently have fixed things like selling indulgences, but the Church did not listen well at the time. Of course, I would say this was also a shameful period for protestants because of massacres on both sides.

6. Greatest period: Dark Ages and Crusades. The Church was the force that preserved whatever civilization was left in the Dark Ages, and didn't cause the Dark Ages, certainly. During the Crusades, it finally thankfully decided to fight back against the Muslim invaders in Christian lands.

7. I will go to heaven, or, more likely, hell.

8. Tolerance, but attempt, at least, to send Christ's message to them.

9. Fine where I am, but Rome or Jerusalem would be nice.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:42 pm
@Dmizer,
Do you believe in God? I assume you mean Christianitys version of a benevelant being. NO

If not what do you believe in? I believe in myself.

Religious affiliation? I call it christwiccatanism (christianity Wiccan and satanism *Not the devil worshipping kind)

Denomination? My own

It is a good idea

Umm I dont think I fit here.

When was or is the greatest period of your religions history? nope

what is going to happen to you when you die? Well I hope I live forever, but I believe I will become one with the energy of the uiniverse that same energy we can tap into if we try hard enough (I know sounds like the force right?)

Some people need a God to get buy, to some people the world is to much to handle on their own. I find no fault in believing, I find fault in thsoe believeing looking down on me because I dont

What is the greatest place to live on earth taking into account your religious affiliation? Antarctica (penguins dont ask so many questions)
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 10:24 am
@Dmizer,
Do you believe in God? Yes
If not what do you believe in? N/A

Religious affiliation? Christian

Denomination? Christian

Is the Bible the word of God or is it something less? It is The Word of God.

Today. Because Christian countries are the richest and most free in the world, yet they have chosen the way of the Church in Laodicea.

When was or is the greatest period of your religions history? Only God can answer that.

What is going to happen to you when you die? Absent from the Body, present with The Lord. It is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement.

How should those of other religions be treated according to your beliefs? According to the golden rule.

What is the greatest place to live on earth taking into account your religious affiliation? That depends on what you are called to do.
0 Replies