• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,200 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 06:53 pm
@z0z0,
A god by any other name, is still a god.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 07:10 pm
@z0z0,
So you acknowledge that you might be really worshipping Tammuz / Horus?

Is Rome still carrying on the Babylonian traditions?

Why the charade?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:13 pm
@z0z0,
No.
Not in my opinion.
No charade
Why does this concern you being of devinity or lack of any?
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 08:16 pm
@z0z0,
Drnaline - please reference - http://www.conflictingviews.com/t853
0 Replies

elfishmoonfeather

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:09 pm
@z0z0,
z0z0;9284 wrote:
So you acknowledge that you might be really worshipping Tammuz / Horus?

Is Rome still carrying on the Babylonian traditions?

Why the charade?

I know I am not worshipping Tammuz/Horus. That's ridiculous. My God has no name and I don't intend to give Him one. He is the one in the bible. If Tammuz is the one in the bible, then perhaps. I highly doubt it.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:39 pm
@z0z0,
Which Bible do you believe in?
God does have a name - if you are Christian.

What I am saying is that the Christian "God" is based on the foundation of previous God Myths. The Christian God is a plagarism of the older religions. If Christianity is not "original" then what is it and what do Christians believe in?
0 Replies

elfishmoonfeather

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:40 pm
@z0z0,
The Old and New testement. And if you are going to say he is Alfa and Omega, that isn't a name, it's a phrase.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:54 pm
@z0z0,
0 Replies

elfishmoonfeather

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:56 pm
@z0z0,
Jesus does have a name. God does not. People may call him many names but they mean all the same thing, GOD. They are names they give him.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 06:46 am
@z0z0,
If the "old" Bibles had a name for God and the new Bibles had the 7,000 references to God's name removed then God surely has a name. If Christianity is based on Judaism then is it just that Christians do not like the Judaic name(s) for God? Why would people want to remove the name of God from the Bible? To add mystery?

I thought you spoke the name of God (or one variant of it) each time you blessed yourself with the sign of cross - saying "In the name of the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen"

The Holy Trinity is "God the Father + God the Son + God the Holy Spirit"
If we are monotheists then why are there three Gods in the Godhood?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:34 am
@z0z0,
If you think there is three gods, then you don't understand the holy trinity.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 07:49 am
@z0z0,
I fully understand the "Godhood". Did I not state:

[INDENT]The Holy Trinity is "God the Father + God the Son + God the Holy Spirit"
If we are monotheists then why are there three Gods in the Godhood?[/INDENT]

I find it weird that God the Father and God the Son - which are clearly two separate entities are one and the same. Does not Jesus pray to his Father when he is on the Cross?

As for the Holy Spirit? Does Jesus not "give" the Holy Spirit to his Disciples? I guess that you can give a part of yourself.

Lastly - How about Mary - "The Mother of God". She has "Near Deity" status amongst some Christians. Why is that? If Christianity is monotheistic then why is Mary worshipped so highly?

Drnaline - IF you have an answer please give some sort of explanation - or something that I can learn from. I have taken a few minutes here to actually formulate a thought and communicate a concept. You on the other hand throw out a one liner that has little value. If you had any respect for the conversation then you could have explained the "Holy Trinity". All you said was "If you think there is three gods, then you don't understand the holy trinity." I guess a Hydrogen atom is made of two parts but is one atom. Same with God? (And then you wonder why I have little time or patience for you.)
elfishmoonfeather

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:33 pm
@z0z0,
Trinity:

Father, son, holy spirit.

Basically:

God, Jesus, and the holy spirit.

How anyone get three gods from this?!
0 Replies

elfishmoonfeather

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:35 pm
@z0z0,
Mary was the mother of Jesus, the son, not God.

Jesus and God are the same in spirit, but Jesus was God's son, not God himself.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:41 am
@z0z0,
z0z0;9384 wrote:
I fully understand the "Godhood". Did I not state:

[INDENT]The Holy Trinity is "God the Father + God the Son + God the Holy Spirit"
If we are monotheists then why are there three Gods in the Godhood?[/INDENT]

I find it weird that God the Father and God the Son - which are clearly two separate entities are one and the same. Does not Jesus pray to his Father when he is on the Cross?

As for the Holy Spirit? Does Jesus not "give" the Holy Spirit to his Disciples? I guess that you can give a part of yourself.

Lastly - How about Mary - "The Mother of God". She has "Near Deity" status amongst some Christians. Why is that? If Christianity is monotheistic then why is Mary worshipped so highly?

Drnaline - IF you have an answer please give some sort of explanation - or something that I can learn from. I have taken a few minutes here to actually formulate a thought and communicate a concept. You on the other hand throw out a one liner that has little value. If you had any respect for the conversation then you could have explained the "Holy Trinity". All you said was "If you think there is three gods, then you don't understand the holy trinity." I guess a Hydrogen atom is made of two parts but is one atom. Same with God? (And then you wonder why I have little time or patience for you.)
In the bible i have there are no plus signs in between any of the gods you think there are. It's religion not math. "which are clearly two separate entities are one and the same. " I new you didn't understand.
Quote:
Drnaline - IF you have an answer please give some sort of explanation - or something that I can learn from. I have taken a few minutes here to actually formulate a thought and communicate a concept. You on the other hand throw out a one liner that has little value. If you had any respect for the conversation then you could have explained the "Holy Trinity". All you said was "If you think there is three gods, then you don't understand the holy trinity." I guess a Hydrogen atom is made of two parts but is one atom. Same with God? (And then you wonder why I have little time or patience for you.
My explanation is they are all one in the same. There is no god the father it's just the father, there is not god the son, it's just the son, there is no god the holy spirit, it's just the holy spirit. All three make up one. IMO
One liners are fun, you seem to like doing it too.
I have great respect for the conversation, i have little respect for one of the participants. You had alot to do with that.

P.S. I have no problems answering anyones questions about what i believe, but once you mock what i believe, you can assume the conversation is over. I have a feeling you may do it without knowing, but you are doing it none the less.
z0z0

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:12 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;9435 wrote:

I have great respect for the conversation, i have little respect for one of the participants. You had alot to do with that.

So we agree on one thing. We have no respect for one another.
You probably had no respect for the nerdy kids in school either - the kids that got good grades.

Drnaline - you rarely actually add any value to the threads.
Like this one here - you criticize my "+" signs rather than provide new information that builds the discussion.

I understand that you are one of Brent's friends and that is why you have moderator status. With a new site such as this what you do at the start sets the mood of the website for everyone else that stumbles across and joins the site and the conversation.

Do you want this to be about opinions with not factual foundation.

Drnaline - you have a certain place in life.
I have a certain place in life.

One of us has to go.

You stay - I will go elsewhere

This place is a waste of time

From some PMs I have received from others - you have already done this to others as well.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:26 pm
@z0z0,
For me, that's the truth. :headbang:
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:45 pm
@z0z0,
People are interesting. They believe what they WANT to believe rather than what really is.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:08 pm
@z0z0,
z0z0;9437 wrote:
So we agree on one thing. We have no respect for one another.
You probably had no respect for the nerdy kids in school either - the kids that got good grades.

Like this one here - you criticize my "+" signs rather than provide new information that builds the discussion.

I understand that you are one of Brent's friends and that is why you have moderator status. With a new site such as this what you do at the start sets the mood of the website for everyone else that stumbles across and joins the site and the conversation.

One of us has to go.

This place is a waste of time

From some PMs I have received from others - you have already done this to others as well.

I'm not going anywhere.
Quote:

That is your opinion and maybe some others. So what?
Quote:

You criticize quite a bit too if i remember right. Problem is you dont think it's wrong when you do it. That's where i come in.
Quote:

I never new Brent a day before i joined this site.

Quote:

Funny thing is IMO you think your the only one that can provide this.
Quote:

One of us has to go.

Like i said in the first line, i ain't going anywhere.
Quote:

I've never got a PM about it, humm? You give me alot of credit. "I've done this before?" So you saying you had no control? You just layed there and let me do this? You must have a low tolerence for others.
0 Replies