A simple prayer

mousy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:40 pm
Have you ever prayed to" something" and recieved what you asked?
Have you ever requested beauty, wealth, health or "the knowledge of" something you asked? Have you recieved it/or had it backfire in someway?

One night..I look to billions of stars and wish to see all created, past, present, future, and the request is occurring.
At times I feel lucky..however not safe...space is immense and a very dark place

The creations revealed thusfar are not friendly- way to close for comfort

Now when I pray to some entitity in the stars

I pray to stay out of those creatures RADAR
I pray for safe passage upon giving up the Ghost

Is there anything in your life recieved via prayer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 881 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:33 pm
@mousy,
"Can we all just get along?"
mousy

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 01:04 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;32114 wrote:
"Can we all just get along?"

I don't think this is even possible in heaven.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 01:37 pm
@mousy,
I pray everyday. There are times in my life that I have received specific answers to my prayers manifested in different ways.

I never pray for material things. I think we need to help ourselves to gain what we materially want. I pray for understanding, comfort, insight, discernment, guidance in making decisions, and those types of things.

As a family we have always had a family prayer together to start our day. It just set a nicer tone for everyone as they headed their separate ways.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 09:49 am
@mousy,
mousy;32105 wrote:
Have you ever prayed to" something" and recieved what you asked?
Have you ever requested beauty, wealth, health or "the knowledge of" something you asked? Have you recieved it/or had it backfire in someway?

One night..I look to billions of stars and wish to see all created, past, present, future, and the request is occurring.
At times I feel lucky..however not safe...space is immense and a very dark place

The creations revealed thusfar are not friendly- way to close for comfort

Now when I pray to some entitity in the stars

I pray to stay out of those creatures RADAR
I pray for safe passage upon giving up the Ghost

Is there anything in your life recieved via prayer?

Many years ago I went for my first job interview. It did not go well. When I got home I started upstairs when suddenly I heard a voice say, "Tom, you did everything but pray about it" As I coutinued up the stairs, I entered my mother bedroom and knelt down by her bed and told God that I needed a job. I then said, Jesus, if you are who you say you are, you will help me get that job. With that, I said Amen. As soon as I said the A, of Amen, the phone next to me began to ring. I answered it, and the man on the other end of the line told me he just picked up some paper work off his desked that belong to me, and ask if I could start work for their company next Monday morning at 8 A.m. I did, and I worked that job for the next year, I was then able to buy my first car, and pay for schooling. That was early in my life, but from that time I realized that God is real, and often just waiting to hear from us.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 12:33 pm
@mousy,
Far to many people blame GOD for what ails them, instead of thanking him for giving them strengh to fight what ails them. The "Why me god group" need to ask "Why not me God" and I above suffering.
mousy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 07:12 pm
@Red cv,
I pass through Earth and will be scarred indefinately yet thankful for the experience..hopefully my next journey is of a higher existences...living within flesh is more painful than pleasure..not to mention limited.
wvpeach

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 07:27 pm
@mousy,
Mousy

My prayers have been answered so many times I feel really blessed.

FYI. I love this.

" Living within flesh is more painful than pleasure."

Very true, yet when the time comes this fleshly existence will have turned out to be of a very short duration. I know it doesn't seem so now. But what is 80-90 years compared to eternity.

mousy;36451 wrote:
I pass through Earth and will be scarred indefinately yet thankful for the experience..hopefully my next journey is of a higher existences...living within flesh is more painful than pleasure..not to mention limited.
0 Replies