Judgement Day

mousy

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 09:24 pm
So many religious text..:eek: .Is there a book out there telling which book the Great Almighty will judge mankind by
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,016 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 09:39 pm
@mousy,
One word - NO
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 12:15 pm
@mousy,
Forget BOOKS, and official dogmas. Why can't you think for yourself? JESUS, the greatest teacher, preacher, healer and REBEL, came to us, from God, and showed us the way. Why isn't He good enough for you? Why must you cling to something else, such as a book, or pamphlet, or creed, or newsletter? Why isn't JESUS good enough for you? He spoke truth to power. He led the poor in rebellion. He died for His commitment to God, Man and the TRUTH.
BUT NO......THAT'S INADEQUATE, IN YOUR EYES. YOU NEED A BOOK TO WORSHIP. YOU NEED OTHER PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF. :no:
The Submitter

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 05:21 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;11900 wrote:
Forget BOOKS, and official dogmas. Why can't you think for yourself? JESUS, the greatest teacher, preacher, healer and REBEL, came to us, from God, and showed us the way. Why isn't He good enough for you? Why must you cling to something else, such as a book, or pamphlet, or creed, or newsletter? Why isn't JESUS good enough for you? He spoke truth to power. He led the poor in rebellion. He died for His commitment to God, Man and the TRUTH.
BUT NO......THAT'S INADEQUATE, IN YOUR EYES. YOU NEED A BOOK TO WORSHIP. YOU NEED OTHER PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF. :no:

From where did you know about Jesus and his message if not from your book (bible) !!?

So you got the information about Jesus and your christian faith directly or indirectly from your bible (a book). Then If you find that book has already been corrupted and altered by men through years, that means your faith and religious information must been corrupted and false too and what actually you are following is nothing but a blind faith. Common sense.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 08:58 am
@mousy,
Corrupted would be the men using your religion to kill innocents in the name of Muhammad and i assume in your Gods name Allah.
By the same token what is different about your book? Who wrote it, a man. Was that man without sin? Not even close. Muhammad had already been corrupted, by writing the book to suit his lifestyle? Did not Muhammad live the life he pretty much lived before he wrote the Quran? Or he wrote it and then surcumbed to his writings?
markx15

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 01:41 pm
@mousy,
According to the Bible yes.
mousy

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 01:52 pm
@mousy,
Was the Christ without sin?

Perhaps I'll pick my own book to be judge by.
0 Replies

The Submitter

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:29 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11962 wrote:
Corrupted would be the men using your religion to kill innocents in the name of Muhammad and i assume in your Gods name Allah.
By the same token what is different about your book? Who wrote it, a man. Was that man without sin? Not even close. Muhammad had already been corrupted, by writing the book to suit his lifestyle? Did not Muhammad live the life he pretty much lived before he wrote the Quran? Or he wrote it and the succumb to his writings?

Hold your horses and calm down. I want to invite you to read the Quran, the last and final revelation from Allah (The Creator) to all mankind. Read it with open mind and open heart and then you decide. Save yourself from the hellfire. There you will find clear description of the Judgement Day.

To order a Free copy of the Quran with english translation to its meaning go to this website: Order Free Copy of Quran
mousy

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:30 pm
@markx15,
Without sin? The christ? Well...the jews did not think so:D
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 06:21 pm
@The Submitter,
The Submitter;11978 wrote:
Hold your horses and calm down. I want to invite you to read the Quran, the last and final revelation from Allah (The Creator) to all mankind. Read it with open mind and open heart and then you decide. Save yourself from the hellfire. There you will find clear description of the Judgement Day.

To order a Free copy of the Quran with english translation to its meaning go to this website: Order Free Copy of Quran
I think all pass.
The Submitter

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:00 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11985 wrote:
I think all pass.

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (Quran 3:85)
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 08:36 pm
@mousy,
So who wrote those words? Muhammid or Allah?
The Submitter

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 08:41 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11988 wrote:

Those are from Allah. Quran has been revealed to prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) by Allah and it is the exact words from Allah (in Arabic). Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) could not read or write.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 09:03 pm
@mousy,
So you are saying God himself wrote the book and gave it to Muhammad? Why would he do that if Muhammad could not read or write?
The Submitter

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:08 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;11992 wrote:
So you are saying God himself wrote the book and gave it to Muhammad? Why would he do that if Muhammad could not read or write?

Allah revealed Quran (His exact words) to the prophet (peace be upon him) through Angel Gabriel through recitation. The Quran has been revealed in a span of 23 years until it has completed. The prophet used to recite the verses anytime angel Gabriel revealed them to him from Allah to his companions where they recorded them and memorized them by heart. The Quran has been preserved and kept in its exact original form because Allah promised to protect it. Also, Quran verses are recited in every paryer a muslim perform five times a day. Millions of Muslims since then and nowadays memorize(d) the complete Quran by heart. You can find alot of young children memorize it too.

"." (Quran7:157).

The following was the first revelation:

"Recite (O Muhammad): In the name of your Lord Who created man from a clot (of blood). Recite: Your Lord is Most Noble, Who taught by the pen, taught man what he did not know." [Quran 96:1-5]
rhopper3

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 10:38 am
@mousy,
The Egyptians and Greeks were doing amazing things with math and astronomy years before the religions of the book surfaced. The Aztecs and tribes of the South America and Mexico as primitive as they were in some regards created mathematics and astronomical theories
that were amazing even bu todays standards. I was facinated by those ancient cultures when I was a child but none of those accomplishments mean were should bow to the ways of their impressive but obsolete cultures. The Athenian Greeks created democracy and much of the philosophy of the ancient world but they were still woman hating slave owners. The ancient Egyptian culture was magnificent in almost every respect. They created drugs that were not rediscovered for centuries, they allowed women to own and inherit property when most cultures treated them as property, but they had slavery and did things any modern society would consider disgusting. The Roman and Persian empires brought civilization to benighted parts of Europe and Asia that had none before as did the Ottomans and but they all could be inhumanly cruel and decadant. The point of all this is very simple. Even if God inspired these ideas, and I hope he did they were wrought by the mind of humanity and it is our well being that should govern our decisions
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 08:56 pm
@The Submitter,
The Submitter;11995 wrote:
Allah revealed Quran (His exact words) to the prophet (peace be upon him) through Angel Gabriel through recitation. The Quran has been revealed in a span of 23 years until it has completed. The prophet used to recite the verses anytime angel Gabriel revealed them to him from Allah to his companions where they recorded them and memorized them by heart. The Quran has been preserved and kept in its exact original form because Allah promised to protect it. Also, Quran verses are recited in every paryer a muslim perform five times a day. Millions of Muslims since then and nowadays memorize(d) the complete Quran by heart. You can find alot of young children memorize it too.

"." (Quran7:157).

The following was the first revelation:

"Recite (O Muhammad): In the name of your Lord Who created man from a clot (of blood). Recite: Your Lord is Most Noble, Who taught by the pen, taught man what he did not know." [Quran 96:1-5]
You still didn't answer my original question. And the story has changed yet again.
Quote:
Originally stated by Drnaline
Now it sounds like neither Allah nor Muhammad wrote the Quran. How can you be sure that what God told Gabriel to tell Muhhammad to tell his writer when they decided to write it down, is correct? What i'm getting at is a man wrote your book. Not a God. The words may of come from a devine source. But they passed through a few mouths before they got to be writen on paper.
23 years to dictate a book that he had not write? Seems kind of long coming from a God and his messenger? Did Gabriel appear to just Muhhammad or did others get to here him as well?

Quote:
The Quran has been preserved and kept in its exact original form because Allah promised to protect it.

Muhammad also had 23 years to do with it as he wished?
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 06:17 pm
@mousy,
So many denominations proclaiming to speak for the creator...:dunno: I want to be judged by the Dictionary ...
0 Replies