Beyond Forgiveness?

mousy

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 08:24 pm
Satan found damnation -yet sermon after sermon and time after time pastors preach forgivness for virtually any sin- What sin did Satan committ that humans have not did?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,662 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 09:42 pm
@mousy,
To answer the poll question. Remorse.

Welcome Mousy.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 05:09 am
@mousy,
Atonement
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:21 am
@mousy,
No there is nothing that is unforgivable, at least not in the God I believe in. The problem is that many people do not repent their actions, then truely you won't be forgiven, but only because you have yet to ask.

Quote:
What sin did Satan committ that humans have not did?

In my understanding of Satan, he is not a fisical person, but the very concept of temptation. I believe he is used as a "scapegoat" to the question of the origin of sin.
GoodBoy

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:48 pm
@mousy,
When people sin it hardens their hearts so that it makes them feel as if they arent worthy of being forgiven or are "too dirty" to be forgiven. We continue to feel guilty and it makes us feel like God will never forgive us.

Remember that The Bibles greatest prophets were murderers. Moses, Paul, King David were all used by God after commiting great sins.

God forgives if we only ask, turn from our ways and follow him.
mousy

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 05:56 pm
@markx15,
markx15;8684 wrote:
No there is nothing that is unforgivable, at least not in the God I believe in.

Which God is that?

Quote:
In my understanding of Satan, he is not a fisical person, but the very concept of temptation. I believe he is used as a "scapegoat" to the question of the origin of sin

Did the Concept originate in God?
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:07 pm
@GoodBoy,
GoodBoy;8688 wrote:

God forgives if we only ask, turn from our ways and follow him.

Satan,the great sophist,could not perceive this..to save his life.
0 Replies

Mesh cv

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 01:51 pm
@mousy,
mousy;8674 wrote:
Satan found damnation -yet sermon after sermon and time after time pastors preach forgivness for virtually any sin- What sin did Satan committ that humans have not did?

The question in itself is already self-absorbed

Human beings were born good, we are- that is why we're called "Ambivalent Beings"; but, beings look up to greater beings- that is why we're called transcendant

so,

It is stupid to compare actions of people making mistakes to something that symbolizes EVERY mistake---- it's stupid[obviously].So the proposition isn't Satan finding damnation, IT REPRESENTS damnation.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:22 pm
@mousy,
There are many different versions of Satan /Lucifer.

Something as simple as being an angel that tempts humanity to do the "wrong" things to an entity almost as powerful as God himself. Lucifer's main sin is that he represents "questioning" of God.

The odd thing is that if Satan is as powerful as God (since God can't destroy him - war through eternity) then Christianity is a polytheistic religion.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 01:10 pm
@mousy,
White skin? Superior? Entitlement to heinous acts...
For you biblical readers...Earth is a parallel of what Heaven must have been like with a vain angel
0 Replies