Fact Or Religion

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:19 am
This posting focuses on the growing influence of politics in churches and the disruption of religion by such.

In recent years we are all very aware of the world events that have shaped our world with an impact never presented or experienced with such magnitude. These events spawned national debates of security, law/enforcement, and many politically related issues.

The events have taken toll on our lives in such a personal manner as to find themselves as the basis for discussion led in our Churches. This presents a troubling and offsetting invite of politics into the religious arena.

Politics and the views there of are debatable and argued by those with afflicting opinions much like that of religion. When such topics intertwine much confusion exudes and answers sought are distorted by the wealth of difference of opinion.

We as a people are complex in diversity when spoken of by our various views,outlooks, and opinions. In light of such notion we can develop the outline and structure of our Church system and the small populations there of.

We seek a Church in reference to a home or place with an ideal comfort where the parties that attend share a synonymous or similar view on if but one topic. When we bring forth discussion of worldly events and there social and economic impact by way of political rather than religious outlook we set our selves up for failure as a commune.

I speak more directly of politics in relation to current events as I have witnessed this to be most impacting although any political views are detrimental to religious success. It is obvious or should be obvious to those who share the same ideal from a religious aspect that we will differ when we extend into other outlooks of life and culture. This being said, a harmonious and structured event of worship should be left to the confines of pure religion and the Word there of.

Politics is more fore-front today than any religious opinion or view and we are consumed by the partaking of politics by government and media alike. We thirst for a change of pace and style but seek no refuge by way of religion. We hunger for a day of old that was halted by non-religious events but seek them out with political agendas.

We fail ourselves by being thrust into the depths of our own minds with thoughts non-relating to the values , principles, or foundation provided us. Unity is, was, and can be again when we can find common ground in the desire for such and agree to disagree without protest of the later.

Our government will fail us from time to time and our governed laws will hinder the growth we seek. We have but one way of overcoming a near extinction as a people with a common goal and a life sought out in the pursuit of happiness. This my friends is to let our political views and worldly opinions remain in the arena for which they belong and to promote the influence of what once developed this fine nation.

This posting is but of my own view and opinion and is presented in no manner equivalent to political view. My statements andthe information provided here in are neither fact or religion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,400 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 07:07 pm
@Serious Outlook,
I think nothing wrong with politics in church's. This country was founded on such a premise. Many clergy were active in malitia's at our founding.
Quote:
Politics is more fore-front today than any religious opinion or view and we are consumed by the partaking of politics by government and media alike.

That is how a democracy works. Government and media's are allowed as well a religions, to have a opinion on the subject. We are a free people and as such are allowed to discuss any topic. Church's are not excluded from the process.
I got a question for you. Why are you allowed to post this on a political site but what seems you would not allow the church to defend itself? If you have moral beliefs it is usually what rules your political life. That is the way it is for me. And most politicians that conform to there conviction. If they have little or none, well you the story after that.
Quote:
This posting is but of my own view and opinion and is presented in no manner equivalent to political view. My statements andthe information provided here in are neither fact or religion.

Why do you feel the need for a disclaimer? For the most part people here are on equal ground.
Serious Outlook

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 10:02 pm
@Drnaline,
I am not sure as to whether I am suppose to address your reply with the regard you could be foreign/reign from another region of the world or if is that you are intellectually challenged!

You write...
Quote:

I got a question for you. Why are you allowed to post this on a political site but what seems you would not allow the church to defend itself? If you have moral beliefs it is usually what rules your political life. That is the way it is for me. And most politicians that conform to there conviction. If they have little or none, well you the story after that.

Despite the grammatical misuse and the lack of coherent sentences, I am not sure this is worthy of the time it takes to depict or discern what you are seeking in your so called question or if your statement warrants any merit or credit worthiness.

However, I will submit to such and offer this.
1. I am allowed to post because quite simply it is a public forum
2. Why would I not post on a political forum when the basis for the topic so heavily weighs on politics and when I chose the correct grouping for my thread

Your second question of equal submission...
Quote:
Why do you feel the need for a disclaimer? For the most part people here are on equal ground.

..is answered by informing you that this is not a disclaimer but rather a mere depiction in words of a disclaimer where the title of the thread is included. This you should learn is a style of writing carried by many writers and/or authors.

Your other comments deserve nothing in return as you obviously did not read or have the ability to retain the material for which you had just read. As in your other replies/comments of my threads you apparently can't comprehend the information provided or again failed to read in entirety before providing feedback.

Had you done so, then neither of us would be wasting time to post our replies to one another. I am guilty of doing more than what I should by acknowledging you at all. I can't resist however, because of the blatant stupidity offered up by you.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 11:06 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Serious Outlook;5153 wrote:
I am not sure as to whether I am suppose to address your reply with the regard you could be foreign/reign from another region of the world or if is that you are intellectually challenged!

You write...

Despite the grammatical misuse and the lack of coherent sentences, I am not sure this is worthy of the time it takes to depict or discern what you are seeking in your so called question or if your statement warrants any merit or credit worthiness.

2. Why would I not post on a political forum when the basis for the topic so heavily weighs on politics and when I chose the correct grouping for my thread

Your second question of equal submission...

..is answered by informing you that this is not a disclaimer but rather a mere depiction in words of a disclaimer where the title of the thread is included. This you should learn is a style of writing carried by many writers and/or authors.

Your other comments deserve nothing in return as you obviously did not read or have the ability to retain the material for which you had just read. As in your other replies/comments of my threads you apparently can't comprehend the information provided or again failed to read in entirety before providing feedback.

Had you done so, then neither of us would be wasting time to post our replies to one another. I am guilty of doing more than what I should by acknowledging you at all. I can't resist however, because of the blatant stupidity offered up by you.
Quote:

Me being foreign would change your answer how? And how would it change if i were intellectually challenged?
Quote:

I read over your post and i found mistakes, surely your not saying your perfect are you? In any case no one is forcing you to reply. This is an informal site with corospondence between persons of an unofficial capasity. In other words, how many people do you correct when they pronounce a word wrong in polite conversation when your talking person to person? Or use a word out of context? Do you normally use character assasination as a means to get your point accross?
Quote:

1. So would you allow a rabi or a priest to post a contradiction to your opinion? Because from what i read, you don't think they deserve an opinion or should be held as not to speak of it in public or behind the pulpit?
2. What i get from this is you see it as your right to post on a free internet system but would choose to not give certain individuals that same voice. Because of there devotion to a religous doctrine and happening to be a leader in there chosen faith? I didn't say anything was wrong with your thread grouping.
Quote:
Your second question of equal submission....is answered by informing you that this is not a disclaimer but rather a mere depiction in words of a disclaimer where the title of the thread is included. This you should learn is a style of writing carried by many writers and/or authors.

"but rather a mere depiction in words of a disclaimer where the title of the thread is included."
Like a said, a disclaimer. Excuse my ignorance, you would be the first writer/author we have had here if that's what your implying?
Quote:
Your other comments deserve nothing in return as you obviously did not read or have the ability to retain the material for which you had just read.

Reading and retaining is required by you to reply to one of your posts, first i heard of that one. FYI i read the whole thing. I understand your point. I choose to disagree with you. Funny you equate that to reading/retaining issues.
Quote:
As in your other replies/comments of my threads you apparently can't comprehend the information provided or again failed to read in entirety before providing feedback.

Wrong again. Why would i try to retain anything that comes with a disclaimer the reads "My statements andthe information provided here in are neither fact or religion." You want me to take this seriously why you yourself state it is not fact? Got a high opinion of your self it sounds like.
Quote:

You should of put your disclaimer on top so i might of had the choice of knowing before going through the motions of reading what you wrote was by your own words Non-fiction. So it appears to me you were the first to waist someones time. "I am guilty of doing more than what I should by acknowledging you at all." I guess i can say the same thing about you
Quote:
I can't resist however, because of the blatant stupidity offered up by you.

Blatant, i suppose you can prove that? With somthing other then opinion. Have you always had such a low resistance to resist? Do you have the same resistance to temptation? Your a perfect example for openminded tolerance, Not!
0 Replies

Serious Outlook

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:51 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Would you like to buy a shoe horn?
Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:54 pm
@Serious Outlook,
"I am guilty of doing more than what I should by acknowledging you at all."
Is this a statement of your perceived superiority ?
If so , why are you wasting your time on us poor lowly people ?
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:19 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Me thinks "DecencyAdvocate" just went and got him another name
Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 09:18 am
@Serious Outlook,
Serious Outlook;5177 wrote:
Would you like to buy a shoe horn?
Have you used it much? I don't normally buy anything that requires one but you may be able to get rid of in on E-bay?

P.S. Nice come back, you really tore me apart on that one, LOL.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 09:19 am
@GoodBoy,
GoodBoy;5181 wrote:
Me thinks "DecencyAdvocate" just went and got him another name
If that's the case, his/her IP will be banned.
Brent cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:31 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Serious Outlook isn't Decency Advocate
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:42 pm
@Serious Outlook,
I didn't think so, thanks Brent.
0 Replies

Bmmit

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 06:21 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Serious Outlook;5110 wrote:
This posting focuses on the growing influence of politics in churches and the disruption of religion by such.

In recent years we are all very aware of the world events that have shaped our world with an impact never presented or experienced with such magnitude. These events spawned national debates of security, law/enforcement, and many politically related issues.

The events have taken toll on our lives in such a personal manner as to find themselves as the basis for discussion led in our Churches. This presents a troubling and offsetting invite of politics into the religious arena.

Politics and the views there of are debatable and argued by those with afflicting opinions much like that of religion. When such topics intertwine much confusion exudes and answers sought are distorted by the wealth of difference of opinion.

We as a people are complex in diversity when spoken of by our various views,outlooks, and opinions. In light of such notion we can develop the outline and structure of our Church system and the small populations there of.

We seek a Church in reference to a home or place with an ideal comfort where the parties that attend share a synonymous or similar view on if but one topic. When we bring forth discussion of worldly events and there social and economic impact by way of political rather than religious outlook we set our selves up for failure as a commune.

I speak more directly of politics in relation to current events as I have witnessed this to be most impacting although any political views are detrimental to religious success. It is obvious or should be obvious to those who share the same ideal from a religious aspect that we will differ when we extend into other outlooks of life and culture. This being said, a harmonious and structured event of worship should be left to the confines of pure religion and the Word there of.

Politics is more fore-front today than any religious opinion or view and we are consumed by the partaking of politics by government and media alike. We thirst for a change of pace and style but seek no refuge by way of religion. We hunger for a day of old that was halted by non-religious events but seek them out with political agendas.

We fail ourselves by being thrust into the depths of our own minds with thoughts non-relating to the values , principles, or foundation provided us. Unity is, was, and can be again when we can find common ground in the desire for such and agree to disagree without protest of the later.

Our government will fail us from time to time and our governed laws will hinder the growth we seek. We have but one way of overcoming a near extinction as a people with a common goal and a life sought out in the pursuit of happiness. This my friends is to let our political views and worldly opinions remain in the arena for which they belong and to promote the influence of what once developed this fine nation.

I'm just curious. Where did you learn to write ?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 07:00 pm
@Bmmit,
He knows how to write, but he doesn't know how to communicate with others very well.Very Happy
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 11:23 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5191 wrote:
If that's the case, his/her IP will be banned.

Not all IPs are static.

To SeriousOutlook:

So you're saying religions should be politically neutral? There's churches out there that won't be political and some that will be. People have a choice to be a part of that church or not. They also have the choice to try and speak out and change things.

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell us however, is this about seperation of church and state?
BonaParte cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 11:45 pm
@fluidambient,
When I am in church I want to hear the preacher tell us what's right and what's wrong. If that means he's slamming liberals for being liberal, that's ok to me. We need more of that kind of thing. Most preachers are to scared to speak up because they are afraid to loose some tithes and offerings.
I say the heck with the offerings, tell them the truth and everything will fall in place, including the fiances of the church. Amen!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 06:30 am
@Serious Outlook,
I concure.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 02:23 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Amen to that.
0 Replies