Society's Circle

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:18 am
I have often heard the phrase "history repeats itself" from people who believe in such a theory. I however, can only scoff at such an oversight of the truth that surrounds us.

History like everything else does not repeat itself but rather comes full circle. I use this particular lead in for the presentation of my personal outlook, opinion, and view on the initial concept of a righteous and functional society gone array.

Our nation's integrity founded upon ideas of perfection and presented in documents conceived by our fore fathers "politicians" was intricately placed with the popular perception, that when treated with respect for humanity and fulfilled by those who desire progression, could withstand the immoral separation and decline of a people whose hopes and dreams were so deeply shared.

These fore fathers, "politicians" provided a foundation of brilliance and a perception of enduring freedom to come and behold. The world was transformed by a nation of opportunity that came of those whom of which desired to create something out of nothing at all.

Today we see not the repetitious events some had forecast, determined, or predicted but rather the circle become whole. This is where the beginning becomes the end and the end becomes the beginning. It is understandable in such explanation why many would describe this as a pattern of repetition all be it wrong in perception.

What we have is a world entangled in politics and political events. What was once divided and kept separate has become engrossed in outlooks and ideas of an evolved, and ever complicated world made up of many different societies. The problem with the ideas and outlooks circulating are that they come from an under-educated and ill-informed group of individuals that care little about maintaining the principles for which we stand and who have no aptitude for determining or hypothesising what will be best for the world of tomorrow.

Politics have become religion and religion has become politics. We as a public diverse in makeup and derived of many nations are now embedded in not only the current events of the world but the politics surrounding them. We are cast into the political arena even as mere citizens when the news programs broadcast on television, Internet websites, and print are contrived of nothing more than the debate of one party's explanation for the world's events.

Politics have easily shown growth yet separation from religion. This separation and the demise of religion or inclusion of politics is what has and will continue to divide this nation. Times of being able to agree to disagree have become non-existent as the political arena now shows us that one side must prevail and then be dominant providing little hope for balance.

We misconceive the notion of our duty to challenge our government's decisions as being a time to trample upon a falter presented by any means even of natural occurrence. We regard one another as neighbor only verbally as we analyze the differences of outlook between us internally and hold contempt for those whose opinions vary.

Politics cannot replace or become religion especially with the limited number of parties in which to divide the masses. Too many liberals have the stage to invoke their opinions and perception on the world and more importantly nation. Too many ears are listening to half the message, a biased statement/point of view, or even an ill-informed provider of news. This gossip should not be held as doctrine.

So what once was a nation provided documents for success by politicians "fore fathers", has become a nation in demise by the very basis from which it was conceived! Much irony exists in light of our circumstances but make no mistake history is being written with fresh ink.

Many believe we will perish by way of war which will be brought forth from the clash of political views. The divulging of politics and our individual and divided stance will open the door for defeat as a nation and then as a world. This a world of which religion has been driven from and one of which two utmost political agendas will collide!

The end provided by way of religion the journey led by way of politics!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,259 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:01 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Such a long and verbiose post that goes in circles and really says nothing at all . Reminds me of a student trying to meet an assigned number of words in an essay for school , hoping that the teacher will see all those words and give him a good grade because he put so many words together . Never mind that it makes little sense to the reader .
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:15 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Thank God, I thought I was the only one that thought that. lol
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 11:35 pm
@Serious Outlook,
He does lack a type of direction and focus. So what ARE you exactly trying to say?
BonaParte cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 11:40 pm
@fluidambient,
He's trying to explain religion and politics.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 10:10 am
@Serious Outlook,
I think he is trying to separate them when they will not exist without each other. I think religion is politics!
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 10:10 am
@Serious Outlook,
It was informacional, but there was no room for discussion. Maybe i missed it... Serious Outlook if you could enlighten me?
Serious Outlook

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 11:26 am
@markx15,
Hi Markx15,

You are right that I did not seem to leave it open for discussion. However, I do believe it is open in essence. Allow me to explain.

The topic I am writing about was brought to light and heavily discussed among people both publicly and politically. I caught an ear full of these discussion gave them my thought and wrote my point of view.

In doing so, I felt that anyone in disagreement could post some what of a rebuttal. I would love to hear others view and opinion but not just...I disagree, or I disagree because of something non-related.

My writing is typically a little longer than what most would place in a forum specifically because it was not written for a forum. Why post in a forum?

Well, this was an attempt...my first... and I wanted to see how others would engage in the discussion, what my stem from them, and possibly have someone offer an insightful yet unheard point of view.

I understand to some degree this dislike of my postings and of course their lengths. So, an attempt failed. My postings from here on will be presented in their usual place of publication alone.

It seems my person was much more of a topic than my writings and I would have to say that belongs in the water cooler section and not as a reply to my writings.

Serious Outlook
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:41 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Serious Outlook;5767 wrote:
Hi Markx15,

You are right that I did not seem to leave it open for discussion. However, I do believe it is open in essence. Allow me to explain.

The topic I am writing about was brought to light and heavily discussed among people both publicly and politically. I caught an ear full of these discussion gave them my thought and wrote my point of view.

In doing so, I felt that anyone in disagreement could post some what of a rebuttal. I would love to hear others view and opinion but not just...I disagree, or I disagree because of something non-related.

My writing is typically a little longer than what most would place in a forum specifically because it was not written for a forum. Why post in a forum?

Well, this was an attempt...my first... and I wanted to see how others would engage in the discussion, what my stem from them, and possibly have someone offer an insightful yet unheard point of view.

I understand to some degree this dislike of my postings and of course their lengths. So, an attempt failed. My postings from here on will be presented in their usual place of publication alone.

It seems my person was much more of a topic than my writings and I would have to say that belongs in the water cooler section and not as a reply to my writings.

Serious Outlook

I don't see anything wrong with the way you presented the topic or the length of your post. If you have something to say there is no word limits that I'm aware of.Very Happy
markx15

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 07:53 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Quote:
What we have is a world entangled in politics and political events. What was once divided and kept separate has become engrossed in outlooks and ideas of an evolved, and ever complicated world made up of many different societies. The problem with the ideas and outlooks circulating are that they come from an under-educated and ill-informed group of individuals that care little about maintaining the principles for which we stand and who have no aptitude for determining or hypothesising what will be best for the world of tomorrow.

Well said, and true in my opinion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
He's trying to explain religion and politics.

He is not explaining them, he is putting them in context.

Quote:
Many believe we will perish by way of war which will be brought forth from the clash of political views. The divulging of politics and our individual and divided stance will open the door for defeat as a nation and then as a world. This a world of which religion has been driven from and one of which two utmost political agendas will collide!

I agree with you Serious Outlook in the sense that common well being should not be put in second stage to individual opinions, but there is one problem: our whole system lives and thrives off of diversity, the problem isn't the people, its the system. Take out the burocracy and we're left with life, is that so bad?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 09:15 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5770 wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with the way you presented the topic or the length of your post. If you have something to say there is no word limits that I'm aware of.Very Happy
Quote:
no word limits that I'm aware of?

Not that i heard. Free speech is alive and well but there are a few guidelines like in any republic.
Lauren101

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 10:07 am
@Drnaline,
I think yer hott
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 10:20 am
@Lauren101,
Drnaline

You have a new fan.

:worthless_wo_pics:
oleo

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 02:53 pm
@Serious Outlook,
Thanks for the essay. I tend to get verbose myself.

"History repeats itself."

well, if "history" is viewed as a record of mankind's struggle for liberty
(Aristotle, Marx, Fukuyama) then it is concievable that mankind can make
the same mistakes and fall into the same traps, especially when "history's"
lessons aren't adhered to...

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:04 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6239 wrote:
Drnaline

You have a new fan.

:worthless_wo_pics:
What makes you think (what i assume is a she) was reffering to me?
oleo

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:09 pm
@Drnaline,
c'mon, she must've meant me...
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:12 pm
@Serious Outlook,
It's a crap shoot at this point.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:13 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6291 wrote:
It's a crap shoot at this point.
Although I have been known as the Latin Lover, LOL.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:16 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline

She posted right after you did. I assumed she meant you.:dunno: We will have to ask her if she comes back.Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:18 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6293 wrote:
Drnaline

She posted right after you did. I assumed she meant you.:dunno: We will have to ask her if she comes back.Very Happy

Agreed.
0 Replies