Why they let us believe....

tolio

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 04:53 pm
that Magdalena was a prostitute. Catholic Church silently admitted in 1960s that they have no proof that Magdalena was a prostitute. Well sure nowhere in Bible you can find that she was, but Catholic church always let people believe that she was. It is also interesting that in time when Jesus died jewish people had tradition that only wife is allowed to the grave. We all know that Magdalena went to the grave. So what do you think about that Wink .... Maria didn't go to the grave!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,080 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 11:40 am
@tolio,
Seems to me both senarios are hearsay?
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 10:05 pm
@tolio,
I've pondered this as well.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 10:14 am
@tolio,
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If Jesus had a wife, it wouldn't change my faith in God, nor would it change the faith of most true Christians. He's still God, but like most of these conspiracy theorists claim, these are both unproven accusations.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 01:20 pm
@tolio,
Don't change my mind for sure.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 06:23 pm
@tolio,
It just makes me wonder why the church feels the need to mislead its followers about it if Jesus did in fact have a wife.

And what about potential children?
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 09:39 pm
@tolio,
Well that's the thing...there's no real proof of it. There are some documents out there that say Jesus was married, there are the Gnostic Gospels, and there's the Book of Judas. The Old and New Testaments and the Apocrypha have simply been used for many more years than the other documents, and they determine what I believe. If I'm wrong about it, then I'll find out when I die.

As far as potential children go, I think The DaVinci Code movie put it best when Tom Hank's character reminds Sophie that a child of Jesus wouldn't want to ruin the church or Jesus' work. I honestly don't believe He had children, but as I said, I'll know when it's too late to make a difference.
0 Replies

goodchessactor

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 06:53 pm
@tolio,
Why does this crocodile keep popping up in every other post? Anyway Jesus was not married, was not gay, did not fake his own death on the cross, did not live in Kashmere, did not father Peter, nor was he Peter's son. It's funny how people will not believe a book that has been scrutinized for 2000 years yet will believe any book that pops up with "new" revelations.
0 Replies