• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,783 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:38 pm
@Life,
I , personally do not know a child or any other person named Lucifer , but some years ago Lucifer was not unknown as a name given to sons .
I assume the name is not common now due to it's connection to the Devil . Is this your point ?
jatuab

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:46 pm
@Life,
You should work for a company that does random surveys.
Life

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 08:06 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
I , personally do not know a child or any other person named Lucifer , but some years ago Lucifer was not unknown as a name given to sons .

I assume the name is not common now due to it's connection to the Devil.

There WAS a time the name Lucifer did not have connections with the DEVIL......
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 08:07 pm
@jatuab,
From Wikipedia-Lucifer

"Lucifer was originally a Latin word meaning "light-bearer" (from lux, "light", and ferre, "to bear, bring"), a Roman astrological term for the "Morning Star", the planet Venus. The word Lucifer was the direct translation of the Greek heosphorus ("dawn-bearer"; cf. Greek phosphorus, "light-bearer") used by Jerome in the Vulgate. In that passage, Isaiah 14:12, it referred to one of the popular honorific titles of a Babylonian king; however, later misinterpretations of the text and the influence of embelishments in works such as Dante's The Divine Comedy and Milton's Paradise Lost led to the common idea in Christian mythology and folklore that Lucifer was a poetic appellation of Satan."

Still asking what your point is , Life .
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 12:00 am
@jatuab,
jatuab wrote:
You should work for a company that does random surveys.

hahahahaha
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 10:19 pm
@Life,
Kinda like Hitler.

How many people do you know named Hitler?

Or Jezebel?
Life

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:49 pm
@ndjs,
I would be kinda of nervous TELLING a kid name Lucifer/HITLER to CLEAN their room

It WOULD be interesting watching the LIFE of someone with those names..

I found it funny, upon asking atheist if they would named their child Lucifer... they had reservations Very Happy
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 03:29 pm
@Life,
Hitlers, Lucifers, Jezebels, Jesuses, and all the other famous names have been used a lot. We just don't know anyone personally with those names, and I doubt that, at their time of use, it carried any specific connotation.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 11:27 pm
@Life,
I know lots of people named Jesus.
HOGCALLER

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:07 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
I know lots of people named Jesus.

Do any of them walk on water?

0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 11:09 pm
@Life,
Not to my knowledge, but that guy is supposed to be all meek and secretive and whatnot when he comes back, so who knows?
0 Replies

HOGCALLER

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 12:53 pm
@Life,
ndjs,

LOL Not exactly the point I had in mind but close enough for this thread. Simply having the name Lucifer would not necessarily mean a child was evil anymore than being named Jesus means one can walk on water. As has already been mentioned, Lucifer was not, at first, a name nor did it apply to Satan. BTW both Satan and Devil are descriptive titles that also have morphed into names for the unnamed one.

Let me give Life a left-handed compliment. Life is obviously doing a lot of thinking about these things to come with the point that is being made in this thread, but I, like others, did not get it till more information was provided by Life. I too would rather Life show us a little more of the sharp mind behind these polls and questions by taking a little more time and effort to form the ideas and points into statements or questions where the points are discernable without having to ask for more information and with which information Life is stingy.

0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 09:25 am
@Life,
I think "life" is short on real experience. Hence the shortness of his true opinion, he has none is looking for one?
0 Replies

goodchessactor

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 08:38 pm
@Life,
In Spanish the term Lucifer (morning star) is Lucero and it is in fact a given name. However in most Spanish speaking countries the English translation, Lucifer, is used for the Devil.
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:22 pm
@Life,
I worked with a girl named Elise. She was so mean and nasty we nicknamed her
"Eliseifer". Im pretty sure she was the anti-christ.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:40 pm
@GoodBoy,
GoodBoy;5005 wrote:
I worked with a girl named Elise. She was so mean and nasty we nicknamed her
"Eliseifer". Im pretty sure she was the anti-christ.

Laughing
0 Replies