• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,338 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:13 am
@Drnaline,
Not that i'm a big fan of either, but i think the protestants are correct in their removal of a greater church authority. The Vatican gets to decide what is right and what is wrong, and then impose that view on all Catholics who are required to agree, this is contrary to individual intellectualism. It is the right of the individual to decide for themselves what is the correct interpretations and what they think is right.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 04:07 am
@Drnaline,
A friend of mine, one of his favorite sayings is:The largest religion is Catholics, the second largest. Nonpracticing Catholics. The one's who disagree with the Vatican i would believe fit in the catagory.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 04:54 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59814 wrote:
A friend of mine, one of his favorite sayings is:The largest religion is Catholics, the second largest. Nonpracticing Catholics. The one's who disagree with the Vatican i would believe fit in the catagory.

What meaning has this? Other than a display of arrogance?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 11:37 am
@Drnaline,
In reference to your "removal of greater authority." The Vatican can try and "impose that view on all Catholics" But as humans with freewill, that often doesn't happen. No arrogance, just my opinion on your post.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 03:10 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59826 wrote:
In reference to your "removal of greater authority." The Vatican can try and "impose that view on all Catholics" But as humans with freewill, that often doesn't happen. No arrogance, just my opinion on your post.

That's like trying to justify making a "bad law" by the fact that people won't follow it. The fact of the matter is they shouldn't of tried to in the first place.

The arrogance i was talking about was your friend's insistence that Catholicism is present in all people that some reject it and some accept it, but that insistence wouldn't be consistent with reality.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 08:15 am
@Drnaline,
He was joking, but i guess he got you.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 06:42 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59843 wrote:
He was joking, but i guess he got you.

dry Jokes that are repeated tend to be believed.
0 Replies