Coulter's Theology

jatuab

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:20 pm
I admit that I haven't read her new book, and I don't really plan to do so anytime soon. Is she proposing that liberals are godless or void of God? I know about the 9/11 wives issue, but I was wondering if she's stating that she's somehow more righteous than they are. She's got a lot to learn if so.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,416 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 12:57 am
@jatuab,
She is the Michael Moore of the right. She has lost her damn mind.
ndjs

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 11:35 pm
@jatuab,
werd.
0 Replies

aquapub

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:16 pm
@jatuab,
jatuab;4205 wrote:
I admit that I haven't read her new book, and I don't really plan to do so anytime soon. Is she proposing that liberals are godless or void of God? I know about the 9/11 wives issue, but I was wondering if she's stating that she's somehow more righteous than they are. She's got a lot to learn if so.

Her claim about the widows isn't that she is more righteous than them. It is that liberals can't win the dabate on the issues, so they always put forward these "human shields" who can't be criticized because they invoke irrelevant sympathies.

Another example of a human shield:

Cindy is a visionless retreatist with zero education or qualifications to be lecuring about foreign policy. She was also a left wing activist before her son even went to war, but we can't say any of these things because she lost a son in Iraq. We just have to tolerate the lying, the smearing, the hysteria...and liberals use that to silence the debate.

The Left has many of them. And there is a conspicuous absence of this tactic on the right.
aquapub

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:20 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4206 wrote:
She is the Michael Moore of the right. She has lost her damn mind.

Her claims can be verified. I have done media research projects involving her and Michael Moore. They are nothing alike. She argues with controversial, but substantive facts and evidence (as most conservatives do). Moore argues with conspiracy theories, outright fabrications, and hysteria (as most liberals do).
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 11:07 am
@jatuab,
She is the Michael Moore of the right Wink No one needs to be as extreme as they both are.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 08:43 am
@jatuab,
"NO one needs to be as extreme" They chose to be this way. And i find she has a way with words, they both say things that people think about but will not say? Free speech is what it means, good or bad by definition of opinion only.
Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 05:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4347 wrote:
"..Snip..they both say things that people think about but will not say? Free speech is what it means, good or bad by definition of opinion only.

Hear , hear ! I agree !!
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 03:32 pm
@jatuab,
As to Coulter's facts. The truth must always contain facts but not all combinations of facts presented in any given case include the truth. She is a without a doubt a skilled debater but her conclusions, at least what I have had the displeasure of hearing have no more basis in fact than Moore's. Lile many Conservatives and lots of liberals too I guess she takes unrelated collections of facts and tries to turn them into truths......This whole thing about untouchable human shields is a crock...If the situations were reversed and liberals attacked one of their icons for speaking out conservatives would scream like Banshees and do....
Obedience is not loyalty or patritiotism. You can train dogs to follow commands without questions, but people ask questions and question authority ....
Coulter is crude, cruel, self absorbed and has a serious case of tunnel vision on anything she does not fit her moral paradym ...She is exactly like Moore ...only maybe a little smarter and she looks better in a dress
Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 06:02 pm
@aquapub,
aquapub;4283 wrote:
Her claim about the widows isn't that she is more righteous than them. It is that liberals can't win the dabate on the issues, so they always put forward these "human shields" who can't be criticized because they invoke irrelevant sympathies.

Another example of a human shield:

Cindy is a visionless retreatist with zero education or qualifications to be lecuring about foreign policy. She was also a left wing activist before her son even went to war, but we can't say any of these things because she lost a son in Iraq. We just have to tolerate the lying, the smearing, the hysteria...and liberals use that to silence the debate.

The Left has many of them. And there is a conspicuous absence of this tactic on the right.

No, I'm pretty sure Coulter is lamblasting the women...but you prove me wrong with your proof.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 06:04 pm
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;4715 wrote:
As to Coulter's facts. The truth must always contain facts but not all combinations of facts presented in any given case include the truth. She is a without a doubt a skilled debater but her conclusions, at least what I have had the displeasure of hearing have no more basis in fact than Moore's. Lile many Conservatives and lots of liberals too I guess she takes unrelated collections of facts and tries to turn them into truths......This whole thing about untouchable human shields is a crock...If the situations were reversed and liberals attacked one of their icons for speaking out conservatives would scream like Banshees and do....
Obedience is not loyalty or patritiotism. You can train dogs to follow commands without questions, but people ask questions and question authority ....
Coulter is crude, cruel, self absorbed and has a serious case of tunnel vision on anything she does not fit her moral paradym ...She is exactly like Moore ...only maybe a little smarter and she looks better in a dress

Moore had facts...show me where his video caught a lie.

Coulter is not a debater...she is adept in logical fallacies and propaganda techniques.

Coulter has only lies and vicious malicious slander....she's a snaked tongued man in a redone woman's body..check out her adam's apple.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 10:46 pm
@jatuab,
Prove it's an adams apple? And if it is an adams apple, i thought libs were into different life style's? Or is that only when it suits them?
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 10:47 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4756 wrote:
Moore had facts...show me where his video caught a lie.

Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 911, Dave Kopel, Independence Institute
0 Replies