The DaVinci Code

jatuab

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 08:21 am
I saw The DaVinci Code last night, and it was a really good movie. I consider myself to be a faithful Christian, and the movie didn't make me question the validity of my faith, nor should it incite similar feelings in anyone with strong faith in God or what they believe in. I think the main character said it best when he said that history has presented us with what Jesus empirically was, which was a very great man. He then went on to say that it's not what history teaches us though, it's what you choose to do with what you believe that makes all the difference. I share a similar standpoint when it comes to what I believe, so call it blind faith or whatever you'd like, but one little movie with a few great cast members isn't going to change the course of history from my point of view.

Has anyone else seen this movie? What'd you think about it from a Christian/non-Christian standpoint?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,102 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 09:39 pm
@jatuab,
If one's faith can't stand up to a little scrutiny, one's faith is very strong. That book is titled under fiction, enough said. I have not seen it, i will not pay to see it. But i would watch it.
jatuab

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:09 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
If one's faith can't stand up to a little scrutiny, one's faith is very strong. That book is titled under fiction, enough said. I have not seen it, i will not pay to see it. But i would watch it.

It's good enough to pay to see, but I can understand your stance. I wasn't going to see it at first, but I'm glad I did so that I can at least know what the story presents as its argument.

The story is fiction, but it's based off of artifacts and all that people have found, so that's where they present it as "fact".
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:10 am
@jatuab,
I'm sure it's good enough, i just am not willing to pay to see it. I love tom hanks and all of his movies. I can wait till it shows at someones house i'm visiting or on regular tv.
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:39 am
@jatuab,
I read the book, and I will be seeing it next weekend. I am a Christian as well, but never had a problem with the book or the movie. Its fiction, plain and simple.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 10:09 pm
@jatuab,
I'm not religious at all personally. But if you wanna be, that's your business and fine with me. I don't have a problem with anybody being religious until I hear about it.

I have yet to see the movie, but the book was awesome. It didn't change my faith on any matter, and if it did your faith isn't worth a **** anyways.
0 Replies