My husband wants a Rommba from Santa Claus

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 11:52 am
What sort of fun is a vacuum cleaner supposed to be?????????????????????

Perhaps this is a male thing?????
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 12:14 pm
Quinn--

I believe there are three models:

For $40-$50 you get the model shown on t.v. which does not do rugs and must be supervised.

For $200 you get Roomba which will do rugs once you start it going.

For $250 you get Roomba which will not only do rugs with little supervision, but which can be programmed for "spot cleaning".

None of them make my little heart go pitter-pat, but then I lack XY chromosomes and a sense of adventure.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 12:56 pm
Sure..I would need the more expensive. Always the way.

Sorry you dont get that rush...its good. Wink
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 01:26 pm
I HATE vaccuuming. This little genius is so exciting, so Jetsons!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:48 pm
I want one, too. Sony has an expensive one, called the Trilobite.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:54 pm
dlowan wrote:
What sort of fun is a vacuum cleaner supposed to be?????????????????????

Perhaps this is a male thing?????

Yes, only males would be able to point out that it has nothing to do with a vacuum cleaner and has everything to do with a robot. The vacuum cleaner is just there so the missus will let the toy run all over the place.

It is a groundbreaking robotic appliance. This is the appeal. Plus it can be programmed to harass cats. Very, very manly.

Wimmins just doant git et.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:58 pm
I despise vacuuming myself, enjoy trendy little electronics and gadgits in general...however I dont have an appeal for the harassment of cats...although I do see it as a possibility.
And last time I checked I was a wimmin.

Is that wrong?

Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:00 pm
Just means yews a kewl wimmin, not one of the mushy silly ones. You should work on the cat thing, loving a cat is to harass a cat. I bought a RC helicopter to harass a cat at the top of the cat tree.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:01 pm
Did someone say cats?

http://www.boxerworld.com/adoption/data/507/9hogan.jpg

I love harassing cats.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:03 pm
Hmmm - well Ilike li'l robotic gadgets, too - I used to go play with the Ibo at one of the big stores, until they realised people were coming to play, and not buy.

I would love a li'l vacuum cleaner that poddled about, sucking to itself - but they seem unavailable in Oz.

Harass cats? Hmmmmm - how could you program it to do that? It would give them a little exercise....but I doubt it can climb stuff...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:06 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Just means yews a kewl wimmin, not one of the mushy silly ones. You should work on the cat thing, loving a cat is to harass a cat. I bought a RC helicopter to harass a cat at the top of the cat tree.

Shocked Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Shocked Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Shocked Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

An evil min, indeed - mind you, it would be kind of fun..........
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:20 pm
An update on Roomba--now present and charging.

First of all, this is not a vaccum cleaner, but a self-propelling carpet sweeper.

Unfortunately, our Roomba came with a defective battery. It could handle bare floors and a rug with no padding, but not a rug of medium pile with padding.

Mr. Noddy had a long conversation with a very helpful Customer Service Rep and an improvement to the power system is being sent at no extra charge.

Long hair winds round and round the brushes and the wheels. Mr. Noddy is the sort of tinkerer who is very happy with a pair of tweezers in his hand, extracting the hair and bonding with Roomba.

Family Dog--who seems to be flea free right now--spent some time in Deep Thought and decided that Roomba would probably not sneak up on her while she napped on the bed, futon or soft chairs. When it hogged the sunlight on the floor, she objected briefly.

Personally, I'd stick with my old fashioned carpet sweeper, but then I'm not a techie type. Roomba is much quieter than a vacuum cleaner which is a point in its favor.

And Happy Turkey Bones to you all.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:44 pm
Is he careful to pre-clean the room it's being used on?

And do you have a cat?

Both are essential for proper Roomba use.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:10 pm
Craven--

Does "pre-clean" mean "declutter"? If so, I've trained him well.

We have the ghost of a cat--the ghost of a black cat-- and Rhoomba spins in place when the Spirit of Macho hisses.

By the by, he was named Macho and altered anyway.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:16 pm
Yeah, declutter. I've played with a Roomba a bit and IMO it's more work prepping a room for them than to simply vacuum.

That's why you really should have a cat, Roomba's existence is justified by its ability to entertain.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:52 pm
I wish you guys would stop talking about this. I really wanted a self-propelled vacuum cleaner. Now I can't stop thinking about how great it would be watching a Roomba do its work! :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:40 pm
Phoenix--

Weep no more, dear lady. Watching Roomba in action has all the fascination of watching paint dry--unless you are a techie.

Craven--

You use a conventional vacuum cleaner without removing clutter and shifting the furniture? Oh, Brave New World!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:42 pm
It's not much more expensive than a semi-decent vacuum cleaner (about 150 bucks). Maybe it can be your next vacuum cleaner.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:45 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

Craven--

You use a conventional vacuum cleaner without removing clutter and shifting the furniture? Oh, Brave New World!

Without removing it entirely from the room yes.

For e.g. I can lift a wire and vacuum under it, but the Roomba requires that it be removed from the floor.

I can move a box to the side and vaccum, the Roomba needs it to be off the floor.

I can kick the clutter to the already vacuumed side..

You get the point. I vacuum quickly and have found that prepping a room for a Roomba takes longer for me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:51 pm
Craven--

"Each to his own taste," said my grandmother as she kissed the cow.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 12:42:54