It's Best To Take Your Meds

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:57 am
Just what I said.

1 day, 2 days. Not a biggie. A week? Yeah. That was a bad idea.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to come in contact with me. Laughing

And yes, I'm picking my scripts up today.

I have no idea why I am starting this thread.

Bored, I guess.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 672 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:04 am
@Bella Dea,
I take 3 meds and a blood thinner and I mon myself to see how my body adjusts to the meds dose and times.

I bought a little PT time "clot factor" thingy so I can see whethere timing affects my responses. IT DOES. So, not only take your meds but be aware that you shouldnt deviate much from the timing especially for reactive drugs like thinners and thyroid stuff.

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:09 am
@farmerman,
I know. It was sort of one of those, "let's see if things have improved" kind of deals. And I can safely say, nope. Still need to be taking them.
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:11 am
@farmerman,
doctor told me to take my coumadin " around 5 pm - give or take an hour if necessary " .

i try to stick to 5 pm but sometimes i'm off by an hour - when i'm not at home - but have so far not skipped them .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:27 am
I was taking atenolol a while back (a beta blocker) and was told that if I didn't take it around the same time every day, I could potentially have a heart attack. (!!!)

I never did but I was also very careful to take my meds as scheduled.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:30 am
@Bella Dea,
i also take atenolol as well lisinopril every morning around 7 a.m. plus or minus 3 hours.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 12:14 pm
I always take my first dose of caffeine as soon as I get up in the morning.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 12:33 pm
I was feeling very left out because I am not required to take any medications.
None.
So unAmerican, so retrograde.
But then DrewDad saved me.

Caffeine.

I am fine without it, I am.
I do not need to consume the equivalent of four tasses of espresso each morning.
It is something I do as part of my morning routine.

Of course, if I am late and fail to have the above mentioned, I hesitate to say, dosage, everyone and everything in my path suffers for the lapse in administration of the medication.

God help the subway train which arrives late.

Joe(No, officer, I did not dent the car door with my fist, it was my head and then my foot and then my fist)Nation
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 01:40 pm
@Joe Nation,
Dont worry, most long distance runners just drop dead from boredom. Theres no med for that, so just get someone to hold your cell phone and your will.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It's Best To Take Your Meds
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:27:09