0
   

Nature's purposeful giudance

 
 
ABYA
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:00 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

And there are those who like to think of life as an embroidery, when in fact, it's probably not. And there's really no reason to believe it is at all.


Thanks for coming back with a response Ros, I was fearing our discourse on this thread was over.
Reality may be a lot more than what our five senses can detect, or it maybe only what our five senses can detect. Both come down to belief. Belief that this is all there is, or belief that there is more.
There are those who see no reason to believe there is anything more than what we can sense.
There are those who see no reason to belive that what we can sense is all there is.
There is no overwhelming convincing arguement for either side, but we have to believe one way or the other.

I may not have answered your post very good here, its 04.00 and I should have been in bed hours ago, I will recheck it tomorrow and maybe have another go at it.
Be Happy.
jeeprs
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:02 pm
Besides which, finding about the 'mess of strings and cords' actually yields a lot of information which is useful for building things such as, for example, computers. (All part of the plan! says a voice.)
0 Replies
 
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:05 pm
@ABYA,
ABYA wrote:
There is no overwhelming convincing arguement for either side, but we have to believe one way or the other.

Do we? Or can we accept a state of unknowing.
jeeprs
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:10 am
I don't believe that matter has causal potency. Matter does not do anything, it can only be acted upon. Left to its own devices, it will only rust, burn, liquify, congeal, etc. The idea that matter gives rise to life is one of the guiding myths of modernity. It is an article of faith in the temple of secularism.

(And yes, I have a religious philosophy, but it is not creationist, or ID. More pantheist.)
0 Replies
 
ABYA
 
  1  
Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 08:02 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

ABYA wrote:
There is no overwhelming convincing arguement for either side, but we have to believe one way or the other.

Do we? Or can we accept a state of unknowing.

We all have to accept a state of unknowing, the Creator is hidden from us.
But, can we accept a state of unbelieving, I'm not sure, theres those who believe, those who don't and those who fluctuate.
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 08:26 pm
@ABYA,
ABYA wrote:
We all have to accept a state of unknowing, the Creator is hidden from us.

You say that as though you know.
ABYA
 
  1  
Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 08:55 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

ABYA wrote:
We all have to accept a state of unknowing, the Creator is hidden from us.

You say that as though you know.


If he wasn't hidden from us, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be debating wether or not he exists.
rosborne979
 
  2  
Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:41 am
@ABYA,
ABYA wrote:
If he wasn't hidden from us, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be debating wether or not he exists.

You seem to be desperately avoiding the obvious probability: There is no Creator.
ABYA
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 05:07 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

ABYA wrote:
If he wasn't hidden from us, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be debating wether or not he exists.

You seem to be desperately avoiding the obvious probability: There is no Creator.


This is getting to be a bit like Isner against Mahut, except, I expect every ones left the court, baring you and me, hitting the ball back and for under the flood lights.
Perhaps we ought to call time on this one.
Thanks for a great game.

jeeprs
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 04:34 am
@ABYA,
well I'd rather be part of a plan than part of an accident......
ABYA
 
  1  
Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:01 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs wrote:

well I'd rather be part of a plan than part of an accident......

Thers no convincing anyone of anything here Jeeprs, all we can do is chat about things that interest us, and its great to have input from all the different viewpoints.
Your last post, that "you would prefer to be part of a plan than part of an accident." Is a fantastic post to end this thread on.
Thanks Jeeprs
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 07/19/2024 at 09:05:39