Here's a sad tale from my little city

Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:07 pm
Anybody remember the Bachman-Turner Overdrive? Well, apparently one of the brothers settled in my neck of the woods as a realtor, of all things. I think it's rather sad to end up like this on the front page here. What was going through this guy's mind?

------------------------------------------
BTO guitarist charged with sexual assault of minor

Date: Monday Jun. 14, 2010 5:38 PM PT

The former guitarist for super group Bachman-Turner Overdrive has been charged with three sex-related offences involving a minor, according to B.C. court records.

Tim Bachman, one of the founding members of the Canadian band, was scheduled to appear in Abbotsford provincial court on Monday to face one charge each of sexual interference involving a person under the age of 14, touching a young person for sexual purposes and sexual assault.

It was his first appearance on those charges.

Const. Ian MacDonald told CTV News that the alleged victim came forward to Abbotsford police in March, 2009.

Bachman was arrested after an 11-month investigation.

"This file involves a relationship that the accused had with a youth that started in 2000," MacDonald said. All of the allegations against Bachman date between 2000 and 2004.

Bachman is now a realtor in Abbotsford.

link to story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 941 • Replies: 4
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:11 pm
It's a shame, reyn. I hate it when people you want to honor turn out to deserve jail instead.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:14 pm
@Reyn,
I think most Canadians of a certain generation remember BTO. They're definitely part of my musical memory. I'm a big fan of the work Randy Bachman is doing these days, and his son Tal is an absolute genius.

This is not how I would have wanted to hear about Tim Bachman again. If he is found guilty of the charges, I hope he is able to accept treatment as part of his sentence.
Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, indeed. It's going to be hard on the rest of the family, too.

For those who don't know BTO, here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachman%E2%80%93Turner_Overdrive
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Yup, for sure.

One frequently only hears about celebrity's backgrounds when bad stuff like this happens. It makes news, I guess.

It's just a darn shame.

And, yes to Randy et al.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Here's a sad tale from my little city
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 09:17:44