Jesus true age

Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:49 pm
Its has be told to me that Mary let go of Jesus because it was her SACRIFICE. So how old was Jesus when he was let go? Or was he old enough to make his own Choices? like a teenager?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,915 • Replies: 4
No top replies

DrDick

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:04 pm
@Cregt,
I hope he wasn't a teenager, because they typically don't make the best choices. Of course I guess we are talking about Jesus. So wouldn't Jesus make the correct choices pretty much regardless of age?

Anyway, I don't know the age, but to be a SACRIFICE wouldn't it make sense he would not be "old enough to make his own choices"? I mean, how is it a sacrifice if in effect he is able to make his own choices? Woudn't you normally expect a parent to let their child go when they are capable? I place the caveat that we are talking biblically here, not based on current society where children are not weaned from the parent until a few years post college.
Cregt

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:12 pm
@DrDick,
Thank you Very Much! That does answer my question almost to what I was thinking! Thank you very much
Philis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:07 am
@Cregt,
it is recorded Jesus went off one time back to Jerusalem at the age of 12 and his parents had to journey back to find him in the tmeple teaching. So I imagine Jesus was off on his own more often than is recorded. It is a function for all moms to let go of their children. Sacrifice is not really the word that should be used. At some time in his life his mom would have had to "let him go."
William

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:53 am
@Philis,
Philis wrote:

it is recorded Jesus went off one time back to Jerusalem at the age of 12 and his parents had to journey back to find him in the tmeple teaching. So I imagine Jesus was off on his own more often than is recorded. It is a function for all moms to let go of their children. Sacrifice is not really the word that should be used. At some time in his life his mom would have had to "let him go."

Well said Philis, and by the way, l like your signature. Now how do we drop that almighty, dangerous tongue? Perhap you were including that weapon too?

William
0 Replies