Bargains- Do You Look for Them? Do You Buy "On Sale?"

quinn1

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 05:28 pm
hummm..seems to me someone is always looking at the consignment shop wondering what is on sale over there...and it aint the female.
Wink
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 07:23 pm
i like a good sale anytime; would hardly ever want to pay the full price for anything. as for mrs. h, she doesn't want to do much shopping at all; i kind of have to convince her that there is nothing wrong with picking up a first class piece of clothing etc. at a good price - and later she is always pretty happy that she got the merchandise. overall we are not BIG shoppers, we think that we have most of the things we really need, but occasianelly we go out and SPEND, SPEND, SPEND (not really). actually it was mrs. h that MADE me buy our last car (now four years old), the computer(2 1/2 years old) and a lazyboy chair(three months old). do i ever enjoy the lazyboy !!! but i did buy a new sofa for mrs. h - so we are both happy ! (particularly in the afternoon, snore ... snore ... snore ). i'm sure bailey and cleo will also appreciate the new furniture when they arrive on saturday for a two week stay ... it's a dog's life! i can just see them taking full advantage of the sofa ! as for holding the line for ehbeth, i did feel kind of funny having to do it in the ladies department ... but what's a father to do ? hbg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 08:29 pm
hamburger's the very best kind of dad. Very Happy

hamburger also has wonderful taste. i think that's why mrs. hamburger has him help pick out most of her clothes. it can't be because she hates shopping. can it? Shocked
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 09:51 pm
What fishin' said. And isn't it just a reduction of a markup most of the time?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 10:35 pm
Nope - not with the big sales big retailers do - I know because I watch the prices of the things I really want.

What it probably does show is how big the margins are, generally.

The places which always have "sales" yeah.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 11:36 pm
I look to get Skippy on sale, then I stock-up.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:03 am
Craven- What you said about markup before markdown is partially true, in some stores. That is why we need to be savvy shoppers, and avoid places that do that.

Now guys, if you hung around in stores as much as we women do, you would KNOW who the fakers are! :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:18 am
Hang around stores? Moi? hardly ever.....well, if you count book stores....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:30 am
dlowan- Whatever rows yer boat. A store is a store is a store............ Very Happy
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:00 am
dlowan has a boat now?? Didja get that at a store lil bunny? Was it on sale? :p
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 01:44 pm
LOL! Don't even have a dinghy - they won't let wabbits on water since that one tried to attack Reagan.......li'l cousin Lulu, that was...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 01:52 pm
I was at the grocery this morning and overheard this:

"I don't need a turkey but I can't pass up 16 cents a pound"
-- Some man
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 01:55 pm
dlowan- This is your COUSIN??? Laughing

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgDgAmMVE*5XPidvOChsHUq7Bhd8gKtqTWyUPHAa5zoWyw6!DEh6swNLcBpNJAKDr8VGu05aivFoU1fWqTdxRbmj2CsFIfgbO0ouX*j8tTA/Lulu.bmp?dc=4675448002846910941
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 02:41 pm
Nah, cousin Lulu was the wabbit who valiantly attempted to end ronald reagan's (or was it Bush I's???) life when he ventured out in a dinghy.

Led to a famous series of photos.

Poor Lulu - she never recovered from the failure...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 11:17 pm
Deb, you must be extremely proud of Lulu. She looks so sweet it is hard to believe she was that killer wabbit who endangered poor Jimmy Carter.

Quote:
The rabbit, which may have been fleeing a predator, swam toward his boat, "hissing menacingly, its teeth flashing and nostrils flared." President Carter was forced to swat at the vicious beast with a canoe paddle, which apparently scared it off.

http://www.newsoftheodd.com/images/bunny-for-carter.jpghttp://www.newsoftheodd.com/images/bunny-for-carter.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 12:16 am
I'm a crazy mixed up shopper. I have high end taste and a thin wallet. I will buy good products, e.g., in the grocery store without blinking, although fairly sparely, and own some expensive shoes, but mostly I shop in thrift stores. I am now quite bored with regular stores....
Sometimes I step up in grade to a real antique shop, for the odd small holiday present.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 12:22 am
sometimes i buy sale just to buy.....i'm a sad sad character. any thing 50 % or more will have my dollar. someone that i live with says i need to stop it - but i haven't learned to listen yet...not to that particular request anyhow.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:02:24