Duped by Martha!!!!

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 04:07 pm
Ms Martha has a court date in January, so be careful how much you spend for her "goods." She may end up in prison for a moderate sentence, and that will not help her business or stock.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 04:11 pm
If Ken Lay of Enron doesn't do any time, considering the damage he and his cronies did, the lives they destoyed, MS shouldn't do time either, no matter how big of a bitch she may be.
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 04:19 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
I've never been much of a fan of Martha -- but I think she is being railroaded right now.

Frank, I agree with you. She is being compared to those from Enron and World-Com, or whatever...those big guys who go bankrupt and still live in mansions and drive big, expensive cars...I cannot figure out why.

I love Martha, not because I'm anything like her, but I wish I were more so, creative and smart! I do not have to live like her, but I always get ideas from her, simple things that even I can achieve and use...recipes and such.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 05:26 pm
I hope she gets off! Martha Stewart does strike a chord with some people. My sisters and I wish she were our sister -- we'd ALWAYS go to her place for holidays.

I don't think I've ever bought anything but a long-running subscription to her magazine... the merchandise always seemed overpriced. Haven't even looked at the catalog this year (must do that!) but I like to look at it as Sozobe does, to get ideas. They're free and I'm happy.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:54 am
Had to wait to return the baskets because my car was in the shop for 15 days. Sent the baskets off to Martha. Was refunded my money. Used to buy obstructed seat season tickets for the six remaining concerts of the Boston Early Music Festival. Have had so little entertainment for the past three or four years that I am feeling like a bored and restless wall flower!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:00 am
If you're a wall flower, you need to dip your feet in water to stay fresh. Wink
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:14 am
You're right, c.i., which is why I subscribed to the series. Glad to finally have some money to do so!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:37 am
I checked out the website -- looks very interesting, POM. Alas, nothing like that available around here.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:50 am
piffka,
I first heard Medieval music during my freshman year of college -- I think on the first day of school. It was one of those where have you been all my life moments, just as my first glass of Guinness a few years later was. I formerly subscribed but have been so broke recently that I couldn't. One of my law suit splurges was a beautiful cashmere sweater (which, with this winter's sub zero weather was no splurge after all!). As the sales woman (who turned out to be a friend of a friend of mine) wrapped the sweater in tissue, she said, this will look great with a long skirt when you go to the Symphony. I wanted to say, yeah, I'll be able to afford the Symphony in another life time. Being able to hear these concerts is something I am really looking forward to. I can feel my mind resting already.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:26 am
Well, I was wrong. Early music *is* in Seattle and has been for 27 years. Early Music Guild

Mr.P has a cousin who was a member of the Chicago Baroque Ensemble, so I have heard & enjoyed the music. And I've sung Gregorian chants... lovely things.

What color is the sweater? Very Happy
0 Replies