A Time To Kill - John Grisham

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:47 pm
okay we started readin our books like two weeks ago and i'm done with it but i need someone to be so helpful and tell me a couple of things. first of all, when he shoots the two rapists, when does he kill them and where. secondly, can someone please go over some of the legal stuff in that book. and thirdly, does anyone know where i can find an "in depth" review on this book so i can do my report tomorrow. any help will be greatly appreciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,224 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:50 pm
He comes out of a closet in the court house and kills them while they are being led out or in, I can't rememeber.

As to the rest A2K helps those who help themselves, pergaps you can ask specific questions for us to answer? I am pretty sure nobody will do the body of your homework for you so you'll probably have to satisfy the member's ethical concerns by making an effort with us.
0 Replies

mystikalkreations

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:54 pm
i know what the book is about i know what's goin on in it but i just need liek a study guide that i can look over to make sure i didnt' forget something in my outline. and what i meant by my other question was when did it happen? like wasn't it at a trial or something? i've read that part liek 3 times and i still do not get it. what exactly was it when both billy ray cobb and pete willard were at the trial before they got shot? i mean what was that kinda trial costed
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 06:06 pm
It's a recently released book so any cliff notes for A Time to Kill will not be free, if they exist (or they'd be illegal).

You probably won;t be able to find a very good summary.

You might try the reader's digest condensed version at your library.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 06:52 pm
Post your outline here. We'll read it and see if you left anything out.

Why did you wait till ...... oh never mind, I sound like my father. J
0 Replies

mystikalkreations

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:23 pm
haha well i was hangin out wit my b/f on monday night and yeah i'm so screwed and honestly i dont' know why i didnt' do it earlier but anyway, here's my outline(by the way, i hate to takl about the author and the book so i'm starting with the author)
-JOHN GRISHAM
-48 years old
-wanted to be baseball player but didn't make it
-opened up law practice in Southaven
-thought of plot for first novel after seeing a trial about a 12 year old girl who was raped
-wondered about what would have happened
-A Time To Kill became about from this
-A TIME TO KILL
-10 year old Tonya Hailey is raped by two drunken men in Canton, Mississipi
-Pete Willard and Billy Ray Cobb are guilty for the rape
-Tonya's father, Carl Lee Hailey, shoots them both at a hearin for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard
-whole town of Canton knows he shot them both
-Jake Brigance becomes lawyer of Carl Lee Hailey
-Jake wants to change the venue(location)? of the trial because everyone already had their opinions
-Judge Noose doesn't change venue
-Jake thinks that Judge Noose has an agreement with Rufus Buckley, the district attorney
-the KKK start crosses on fire in people's yards and blow up Jake's house
-KKK even takes his new assistant on the case, Ellen Roark, hostage and tie her to a burning cross and she goes to the hospital
-sniper tries to kill Jake while entering courtroom one day during the trial
-Jake's family moved to his wife's house because he didnt' want his wife, Carla, or his only daughter, Hanna, to be in danger
-Jake selects jury members carefully and only a few african american jury members are chosen
-Jake uses insanity in the case for Carl Lee Hailey so he isn't convicted
-one member of jury(cant' remember her name) convinces jury on last day while deciding if Carl Lee Hailey was guilty or not, she told them to think if it was a white girl who had been raped by two black men and that the girls father who was white killed the two black men because of what they had done to his only daughter
-jury agreed with this woman and found him...

i'm not sayin the end of this in my book report so i'm not goin to say it here

some parts are missin i know but i'm just tyrin to think of what all happens
0 Replies