Need help with song!

zepphan

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 05:46 pm
I was watching Project Detention the other day on Fuel channel and heard a great song. The intro to it sounds almost identical to War's "spill the wine." The words "buyin a ticket to amsterdam" are repeated many times in the song. Does anyone know who sings this song or what the title is? Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 930 • Replies: 9
No top replies

zepphan

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 02:38 pm
Is there a site where I can just search for phrases from the song?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 03:07 pm
38 and counting people have looked at his question and no-one knows the answer. I certainly don't.
I've never even heard of the Fuel Channel or Project Detention or War. What are these things?
No, don't tell me. I've got a feeling the answer won't make any sense to me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 03:08 pm
zepphan- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

There are lyrics sites, but this is how I find lyrics. I find a phrase in the song that is unique, (fuggadabout "I love you", 'cause you will get too many hits)

Anyhow, go to www.google.com Type in the phrase in quotations/lyrics. I usually come up with something that way.

Example: I want the lyrics to "Somewhere over the Rainbow". I type in
the phrase that I remember,

[quote]"once in a lullaby"/lyrics[/quote]

That takes me to a link with the lyrics to the song.

It works 99.9% of the time. Unfortunately, I could not find the lyrics to your song. Sad

You might want to try going to the "Project Detention" website.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 03:13 pm
McTag-

http://www.projectdetention.com/index1.html
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 03:20 pm
OK - that's great how I do it but you cannot find it.
Well errr I cannot find it and I even used my private search engine - I just need more unique identifiers.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 03:23 pm
zepphan - do you know what the name of the segment was or what it was about? It seems that they are indepentently entered, so if you could find out who did the segment you might be able to find who did the music.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 03:21 am

Oh, right, cool, thanks.

Anyone got the song yet?
Maybe an email to the TV station would get it.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 09:41 am
For this particular show, people just tape things and put the music together themselves. Then they submit it to see if it will be picked for the air. Zepphan would probably have to find the individual (s) who submitted that particular segment and then ask them about the music. I'm sure the production team saves lists of that stuff but it might take forever for them to look it up and get back to you (if at all).

The peopel submitting have to secure copyright clearance to use a piece of music. This song could be a chart-topping band or someone playing in the garage - it's a crapshot.
0 Replies

zepphan

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:05 pm
Yea thanks people, I looked at fuel's website and they have a feature to view the playlist for certain shows. Unfortunately they dont have a playlist for that episode. It came on this past sunday, and had a lot of surfing in Indonesia.
0 Replies