What do you do on weekends?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:11 am
Well, the dogs and i are just back from a trip to Gus' place. It's a bit smaller than it looks in the photo. And it's a good thing this puter doesn't have smell-o-vision. He REALLY does live by a swamp.

We were gonna go in, but just as we got to the gate, we saw Gus rushing past with Suzette.

http://www.diabolical-dominion.com/News/swampthing.jpg

We decided to keep on walking.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:13 am
ROTFL :-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:18 am
You really should cry, princess, and not laugh at all - even if a rival applicant vanishes!

Women.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:24 am
Tehe. . . it's a dog-eat-dog world, Walter :-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:32 am
http://www.elounge.de/f4/wegmiddle.gif
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:34 am
Ooh. . . und ich bin wieder allein, allein. . . <g>

<love that song>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:46 am
Work, work, work.

E.G. can usually only stay home to watch sozlet on the weekends (though that's rather rare itself) and so when I need a chunk of time to get stuff done, weekends are it. Spent ALL day yesterday working on fundraising stuff, actually really fun to be able to focus like that.

When I'm not doing my own thing, it's usually when we catch up on housecleaning.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:33 am
I have started the cooking part of this weekend's agenda. . . slow cooked green beans and ham from the nice folks at 2nd Ave. Deli. . . now onto the homework part. . . <murgle>
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 12:57 pm
Mostly I play drums and record songs in our studio with the rest of the guys.
Then we go out at night and have a few drinks and plan the next day's recording.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 01:36 pm
what do you do on weekends
Small things, just like every day. I try to get out every day, so never quite finish my list; I always plan to leave something to go out for the next day.

Exercise.

Sometimes there's a concert nearby, so I try to get to that if possible.

And there's the library - I have something to do or pick up or return 2 or 3 times a week. . .

I Prepare book talks and poetry readings.

Have you tried reading? Beats most TV, that's for sure.

And I spend a lot of time trying to learn more about computers.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 01:59 pm
We eat breakfast somewhere and then wander around the city, mostly to bookstores, bead shops (L designs jewelry on the side) or split up and meet later at home for a 'nap'.

Yesterday I went down to the City Hall exit on the N/R. Just to take a peek into J & R Electronics to see if they had an adapter that would take a European three prong plug and convert it to an American plug. (They didn't) Crying or Very sad

Then I walked over a block to GroundZero. I've been there several times in the last few months. It looks smaller to me now. There is traffic driving by and the fence around it has been replaced with one that is uniform and looks more permanent than the original, multi-section fence. That one looked a little thrown together. There are captioned photos on the fence for the tourists to look, the two towers still standing, a history of the site, a shot of the distruction. The empty space inside the fence looks huge, I know, I said the place looks small and now I say the hole is huge. Both are true.
It's hard to imagine that those two towers ever stood on this space. When I used to take people to see the city from the top of Tower II the whole area seemed vast. Now I don't see how they squeezed them in here.

Everyone should know that the latest addition to the site is one of those arching pavilions, the kind that you see at train stations. It will be the gateway to the area. Three workmen were in the process of hanging up the letters of a sign. It said W O R L D T R A D E C E N

I took the C to West 4th then the A and was sound asleep by the time L got home.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 03:08 pm
I know what you mean, Joe. . . the immensity and the smallness. . . NO idea how the two ever fit there. . .
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 07:53 pm
Weekends are for getting done what didnt get done during the week generally. And also, trying to squeeze in some friend time (the movie, dinner, drink type) photography, house cleaning, etc.
I almost always stay home on Friday evenings cleaning and straightening out and bills and those type of things so that I can feel more free to get things done for fun the rest of the weekend if I can.
I try to sleep late but, it just rarely works out that way..between an early riser and the cats...I should just go to bed earlier.
I do drop off and pick up, put away the laundry and on Sundays I try to cook a good big full meal that can be used for lunch for a day or two as well as another nights dinner...just makes the beginning of the week easier to handle sometimes.
I would really like to work four 10 hour days and have 3 days off, itd work for me. Especially those times when I want to take the trip to see the family and do it in a restful manner as well as not just coming home to go back to work. Eh, maybe someday.
Oh yeah, catching up on email and trying to get in to A2K whenever I can too!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:03 pm
I work every other Saturday, so my weekends are Sunday and Monday, with the delightful seemingly occasional extra day. That day disappears though, as once a month we have an art opening on Sat night and both business partners work the day and the night, and are exhausted the rest of that weekend. Single now, I only have me to do all sorts of things at home and re errands. Plus, I don't drive in the dark, so a weekend is a key time to get out and take care of stuff.

I "waste" too many weekends - relative to peak efficiency - just reading books or staring at a2k questions, and not cleaning enough. But, the socalled wasting is restorative.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 03:07 am
I actually get more tired on the weekends than I do during the week Laughing

Most of my evenings starting Fri night are booked out. Me and most of my friends lead very hectic lives during the week, so weekends are the only times when we can meet, to the extent of having as many as 3 parties on the same night for some of us !!

During the day times, it is mostly sort of my clothes, check the mail (Oh the amount of bills I get) talk to my folks back in India, read the newspaper cover to cover, catch a movie in the afternoon, go riding, a sauna and a spa at the club......
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 03:39 am
On weekends, I generally play damsels in distress in local theatre companies.*

* for a picture of one of my more recent portrayals, please see ehBeth's polaroid on page 1 Rolling Eyes

Hi, princess - mean princess! :wink:
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:00 am
Cool
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:46 am
I hang out at busy intersections, helping the elderly cross the street.

I kid, I kid.

Friday night gather up my gang members, and go initiate new pledgees by running over elderly people crossing the street in our Caddy Escalades.

I kid, I kid.

Friday night, get people together and go experiment with alcohol, while I make fun of my male friends for not talking to any women and I entertain myself and possibly others by ridiculing funny looking people. Sometimes the funny looking people get ticked.

Saturday I may work, if not, I hang out playing video games or go out and visit various parts of our huge city. Saturday night is usually a repeat of Friday night, but usually hit a restaurant beforehand with my ho.

Sunday I will hang out at home, play video games, maybe go shopping, and end up watching football, while pondering my miserable existance with a bad hangover.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:36 pm
Hey, that sounds just like MY Sunday! Well, except for the hangover part. . .

This is the "I have three papers due before Thanksgiving" speaking. . .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 04:39:04