What do you do on weekends?

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 02:44 pm
My weekend is usually boring. I usually sit home watching television or surfing online.

Anyhow, what do you do on the weekends? And what would you like to do on the weekends?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,951 • Replies: 38
No top replies

princessash185

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 03:30 pm
I usually start out the weekend by working. . . after I get that out of the way, I do my main cooking for the week so I don't have to do that at night and can come home and eat. . . after that I read and catch up on email and the like. . .

And on Sundays I go buy student tickets for shows, or do my shopping. . .

Very formulaic, but it works. . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 04:11 pm
laundry
shopping
dog walks

concerts in the Annex
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 07:12 pm
Much the same as any other day - Oh retirement is wonderful!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 07:56 pm
Hey Pash, good to see you again.

Most of my week ends are spent working. I am and antique (junque) dealer these days so I go from show to show and city to city packing and unpacking stuff. Setting up and tearking down my booth.

Last weekend was Oklashoma City, OK, this week I Dallas, TX, and next week is Bossier, LA.

Then the week after that it is Canton, TX, and around and around it goes. However, since I am retired I have weeks off so it only makes sense to work weekends.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:00 pm
Jeez. Look at all of us weekend working stiffs.

That's what I do too. It's my busiest time.

Truth be told, I prefer working weekends and having weekdays off - not much is crowded on weekdays.

I worked all day today and went to my friend's nursing dedication ceremony tonight.

I guess you could say I'm one of those party people.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:28 pm
I like my weekends kind of quiet. My sister has always planned a zillion things for her and her family to do on weekends. I can't live that way. I hang out at home, do weekly cleaning, a little shopping, dote on my animals and hang out with my housemates. Sometimes I meet friends out for a beer, sometimes a movie.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:35 pm
Hey, jd :-) nice to see you, too. . .
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:51 pm
My weekends are pretty boring, compared to other people's standards. I clean house, shop, go to the post office, take a nap, surf the web, and love my kitties...........during the week I work, so can't do any of the above, or most of it.

I love coming home to my nest, seeing the two tails wag as they run towards me when I come in the door, and then after eating, watch Dr. Phil....... that's my life, and I love it!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 12:09 am
I work officially every other Sat, and so LOVE the next Sat.

which I then throw away by lounging around getting back to myself.

I am a weekend failure since I fail to achieve all the structural tasks I have in waiting at all times. This isn't all that cute, I need to do these things.

Sigh.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 12:16 am
Most of this year has been studying. This weekend I did the lawns, did some housework, some net surfing-last night went and had dinner with some friends and watched the first semi-final of the Rugby World Cup. Tonight they're coming here, I'm going to cook them dinner, then we're gonna watch the second semi.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 01:02 am
Depends on the weather and how many chores I have. If it's a nice weekend and all my fences are secure and the animals well fed, then I usually call up some of the boys, usually Cletus and Joe Birdidnick (my cousin), and Ralph, from the feed mill. We'll either gather here or at Joe's, smoke a few doobies, slam down some good whiskey, and then head into town to kick some ass. Lately my preference has been to beat up on out -of -towners. When you beat up on the local folks, you get a lot of angry stares during the week, and half the time you don't know why they're pissed at you because you don't remember anything about the fateful evening. Yep, it's good times -- me and Ralph and Joe in some alley kicking the crap out of some unfortunate tourist.

Other weekends, if it's cold and rainy, I might just stay home and drink a cup of tea and watch the Discovery Channel.

Just depends on the mood.

Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 01:09 am
Where the hell does gus actually live, anyway???
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 05:51 am
I'm sorry, Osso, but I can't disclose the location of my house. I have many valuables inside and I can't take the risk of having some of the more unsavory characters here at A2K sneaking down to my house and pilfering my property. For example, let's say Bi-PolarBear knew the location of my home. He knows that I'm usually in town on Saturday nights, whooping and hollering it up with the boys, and he would use that information to raid my house. He knows I have large quantities of cocaine that I use for medicinal purposes on some of my platypi and, if you've read any of his posts lately, you know he has the hunger for the white powder. I just can't take the chance of causing BiPolarBears life to descend into the pits of hell. Let's leave it at that.

Here's an idea, Osso. If you really want to know where I live I could send you a private message with the location. If you decide to visit could you bring some chocolate chip cookies and maybe a couple bottles of beer? Damn! I'm getting pretty excited about the possibility of Osso stopping in for a spell. I better start tidying the place up a bit.

Here's a photo of my house, Osso, so when you're in the vicinity you'll recognize the house.

http://www.parida.com/img/shanty.jpg

I'll be watching for you,

Gus
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 06:04 am
You're scaring the members, Gus!

My weekends are variable - I used to get up early on saturdays to meet friends for coffee (got to be quite an event!) and shop - but I got sick of getting up early.

I shop on Saturdays - do housework - rest - maybe go out to whatever - party, dinner, film...

Sunday - aaaaaaaaah - I love Sundays - sleep in - mosey, read, do the washing, potter - maybe go out in the afternoon. I like to be home Sunday night.

I am on the computer in between whatever else I am doing...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 07:11 am
it varies, I will put around the net a bit, do crafts, read, watch a little tv, go shopping, out to dinner, etc...

Gus
Your place is absolutely breathtaking. Can I come for a visit too, please, please, please.........
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 07:14 am
I do the laundry, cleaning, yardwork, etc during the week, but my job is at home, so that helps.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 07:40 am
What's a 'weekend'?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 08:08 am
Montana wrote:
Gus Your place is absolutely breathtaking. Can I come for a visit too, please, please, please.........

One at a time, Montana. That cabin is pretty small. Laughing

Gus doesn't want to tell us his location, but he has given us a
valuable hint in the photo...it's right next to a VOLCANO. See, in
the background? So...hmmmm...where could that be?...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 08:42 am
That could be anywhere Eva. We might have to send the photo sent in to have it analyzed.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What do you do on weekends?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 01:54:07