Looking for a couple of songs

hinge

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 07:11 pm
Hi, I just joined this board, and I'm wondering if I could find a couple titles to some songs I heard around here and there. I tried the whole google search thing with the embarassingly tiny bits of lyrics I could catch, but to no avail. So here we go:

First song: It was a new Target commercial with a large couch and kids obviously Christmas themed. It sounded really B-52ish, in the same vein as Rock Lobster, and the only words I caught were "New Toy".

Second: Heard this one on the radio. It reminded me of The Cars, or maybe even Thomas Dolby or whatever his name is. All I heard on this one was "just a girl" and "that you love", and even of these I am unsure.

I'll be sure to listen better next time, and I'm thankful for any help possible.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 751 • Replies: 2
No top replies

princessash185

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 08:14 pm
Hmm, I've been working on the target commercial for you. . . I've found a number of usegroup postings that seem to indicate some people emailed Target to find out what that song was and they said it was commissioned just for the commercial and wasn't available for purchase. . . ergo, has no name, and they didn't post the band. . .
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:15 am
I know the Target commercial. It's Leyna Lovitch and the song is "New Toys". Don't know the other one - do you have more info?
0 Replies