Scavenger Hunt - Please help!

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:42 pm
The State of Jefferson Scavenger Hunt is a team research, persuasive public speaking competition patterned after the Millard Fillmore Scavenger Hunt, which for more than 20 years has been a high school contest in San Francisco. We have three days (November 12-14) to find answers to academic, audio music, current news and Internet questions using library resources and documentation. School teams involve as many students and adults as possible in finding and documenting the right answers.

As part of this competition, we must identify the composer and title of several sound clips. These sound clips are available at http://www.cratercomets.com/hunt . Please listen to the ones that we still have not answered and if you have any idea what the song title is or who the composer is, please contact the team at this address: [email protected].

Thank you!

Crater High School Scavenger Hunt Team

P.S. All possible speed would be greatly appreciated. This Friday (November 14th) at 3:00 we are required to turn in all of our answers. Again, thank you for any and all help you might be able to give us.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 14
No top replies

fealola

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:45 pm
Your link isn't working!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:52 pm
fealola, try it without the period at the end...
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:12 pm
Ah it works, now!

Crater HS, could you tell us a little bit about the contest? Who is putting it on an the rules etc.?

This looks like fun, but are you allow to use any source possible, like us?
0 Replies

craterhighschool

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 05:25 pm
Of course. There are several divisions of questions in the Scavenger Hunt, which was started about 10 years ago. There are internet-based, print-based, music challenges (sound familiar?) and a new category, art. We are given nearly-impossible questions and are asked to answer them using internet sources and print sources, for those categories. Also we have been given several partial clips from relatively obscure music groups. For the audio questions, we are allowed to use any source possible. Therefore we've been posting on several forums to ask for help. There's quite a few rules, but mostly they can be summarized by "Don't be stupid" such as: Don't steal answers, don't hide answers from other schools, etc.

Thanks again for any help you could give us, as it's really appreciated. Oh, and if a link for a song doesn't work, that's because we've found the answer. Thanks for any help you can give!

-- One of the many Crater High School Students
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 05:31 pm
Thanks! I suggest that all A2Kers check out the link.

The songs are not easy. But perhaps we can give you some leads, even if we don't know them.

So I guess it would be best if we e-mail suggestions rather than post them here?

Don't let that stop you from checking in on this thread and letting us know how it goes. Submit any questions from the other catagories here too, if you'd like!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 05:50 pm
I've just PM'd you a partial answer to number One!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 06:10 pm
I just PM'd you the rest of the answer for #1!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 06:24 pm
What does F, M and L mean. I guess Music and Lyrics, but what's the F?
0 Replies

craterhighschool

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:24 am
Oh, sorry I never explain that fully. F, M, and L means first, middle, and last name, respectively. Thank you all for your contributions, and we'd be very thankful indeed if you could find any more of the song names.
0 Replies

craterhighschool

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:30 am
As much as I'm sure all of the people posting here would like to hear which songs are which, to be honest I'm rather nervous about the other teams. This is a fairly popular forum, so I would prefer if any answers or ideas you have could be PM'ed. I'll be checking in periodically throughout the day today to check my PM's, and to explain things more fully if such a need arises. Again, thank you all so much.
0 Replies

craterhighschool

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:40 am
Just so all of you know, the only songs which we still need are numbers 2 and 5. Luckily we have a strong musical background here at Crater, so we've managed to find the others through other means.
0 Replies

craterhighschool

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:38 am
Track five has been giving us the most problems. If you listen carefully, it's a violinist playing, with (we think) a cello in the background. Please please please give any and all help you can. Thanks in advance.

- Crater High School
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 12:08 pm
Just sent you a PM with what I think is the name of Track 5 along with a midi link so you can compare them.
0 Replies

craterhighschool

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 04:17 pm
Thank you all for all your help. We have managed to acquire all of the song names and titles. If you want to know any of them, email me personally (AKA this student) at [email protected]
0 Replies