Do you play?

Kolbe

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 11:49 am
As the title pretty much says, does anyone here play an instrument? Just out of a complete curiousity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,003 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 12:08 pm
@Kolbe,
I play guitar and I sing.
Lazarius

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:25 pm
@Theaetetus,
I play the Violin (My favourite), Piano (Grade 8), Chinese Flute, Learning Guitar (I can play the solo to my favourite song with the electric version).

^^
0 Replies

sarathustrah

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 07:53 pm
@Kolbe,
well actually i came because i just bought a playdough set today, i still color in coloring books... i still love matchbox cars, legos, forts, snowforts, snowball fights, running through a sprinkler, even barbies vs ninja turtles...

but yeah... i played keyboard for some time... well... in truth, i made up stuff... i learned a few songs, but mostly id sit down and write songs... even just make up simple melodies to soothe myself... i hate when an activity gets stressful and my attempts at guitar became very stressful and painful, making it very undesirable...

i play video games too...

i play rockband and guitar hero... but of course thats doesnt count right...
Aedes

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 08:36 pm
@Kolbe,
Guitar and piano, but more dabbling than anything. I have a charrango that I bought in Peru that I can play a couple songs on.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 09:52 pm
@Kolbe,
Kolbe wrote:
As the title pretty much says, does anyone here play an instrument? Just out of a complete curiousity.

I have an electric bass, and an electric Guitar, and even a key board... I play with them (except the Keyboard) all the time, but for some reason, it never sounds like music...When you have run too many impact wrenches, and shot to many guns it sort of messes with your ears...I had an acoustic guitar once, prretty nice, though I like the electrics...Then I happened to go shooting, and I had one ear plug in and one out, and after that I could not tune the stupid thing... Now I have one of those cool tuners...If I knew I had one not right I could probably do the rest... I know how the disonance sounds. It is a trip trying to get my old beat up hands to finger some of those chords... I think: Who ever dreamed that up or thought it might be possible...Some kid I know who plays guitar, while my daughter tries to play bass, told me about seeing some guys dressed up as farm animals playing guitars with big old gloves on... I guess if you know what you're are doing you can do it...
sarathustrah

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 07:22 am
@Fido,
(unless the kid is 6 and is talking about the mechanical chuck e cheez robot band that raises out of the floor) -x-hehehe, na just playin-x-

i once seen a guy playing guitar in alaska doing like a street performance with his band and his movements looked unrealistically quick...
Bones-O

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 08:33 am
@Kolbe,
geetar/vox, me. I have a keyboard i've never used, and a masai violin i can't get anything out of.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 08:51 am
@sarathustrah,
sarathustrah wrote:
(unless the kid is 6 and is talking about the mechanical chuck e cheez robot band that raises out of the floor) -x-hehehe, na just playin-x-

i once seen a guy playing guitar in alaska doing like a street performance with his band and his movements looked unrealistically quick...

The kid is a skinney little geeky kid; but he plays better than anyone around here. There is something about a beautiful instrament, that they are aesthetically pleasing... My Guitar is a hamar, and cheap to buy with good pickups, in good shape, and beautiful to look at... The Bass is an Ibanez...With the economy so suck this is a great time to buy instraments... I got the guitar and amp, and a decent amp for 250 with a hard case... Now, it was a cash deal, and I can deal with people, but it was still a good price... I showed it to my daughter's music teacher and his eyes lit up when he saw it.. He did not have to say a word and I knew I had done well...
Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 06:27 pm
@Fido,
Yeah, with the economy in the toilet people are trying to unload their old/unused gear as fast as possible. I've even considered selling a few snare drums and cymbals I rarely use. But I don't think I could ever really part with them.

Oh, and I play trap set - blues, rock, that sort of thing. Used to dabble on keys a bit, but that was years ago. From time to time I'll pick up a guitar and play a couple of chords, but that's the extent of my guitar knowledge.
Fido

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 10:20 pm
@Kolbe,
I am trying to figure out what notes sound terrible together so I can learn which ones sound good together... Everything is backwards with me... My feet smell and my nose runs...Too...
0 Replies

Elmud

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 08:37 pm
@Kolbe,
Kolbe wrote:

I play guitar but do not sing. I am told that my singing sounds like an elephant ,well, doing something in a bucket.
Victor Eremita

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 08:39 pm
@Kolbe,
I used to play the Guitar, but gave that up at 15. I play the piano on special occasions.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 10:57 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
I play guitar but do not sing. I am told that my singing sounds like an elephant ,well, doing something in a bucket.

That would have to be some kind of bucket before an elephant could do anything in it... Think of how big it would have to be just for him to turn around... No sense putting a handle on it, because no one on this earth is going to pick it up...
Elmud

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:38 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
That would have to be some kind of bucket before an elephant could do anything in it... Think of how big it would have to be just for him to turn around... No sense putting a handle on it, because no one on this earth is going to pick it up...

LOL. I'm not going to elaborate on this. The administrator may throw me out.
FatalMuse

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 02:09 pm
@Elmud,
I play electric & acoustic guitar (14 years).

I've just recently started mucking around on a keyboard and want to buy a piano when I get a house with enough room for one.
0 Replies

Milo phil

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 06:33 pm
@Kolbe,
Kolbe wrote:

Tomorrow I'll be traveling overseas to play bass for my band. We are touring the Philippines.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:24 am
@Kolbe,
Im trying to learn to play the keyboard.
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 01:30 pm
@Kolbe,
i am instrumentally challenged. But I can sing given the right environment.
patchouli phil

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 03:00 pm
@Kolbe,
I play hand percussion instruments on a regular basis, almost daily. I know how to play piano well but play less often.
0 Replies