Ebay Book

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 07:22 pm
Hi.

I am looking for a book on eBay and how to be successful in selling items on eBay or starting an eBay Business. Any suggestions

Thanks.
Robert.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,151 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 07:25 pm
Check this out:

Link to Ebay book
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 07:46 pm
You can actually get those books on ebay. There's one that I'm planning on getting that's called ebay selling for dummies and I did see it on ebay.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 08:52 pm
Amazon has quite a few of these "sure-fire money making" books, including the Ebay for Dummies, which gets pretty good ratings.

Interestingly enough, there's been a commercial on tv over here for some time now which invites you to start up your own online e-book selling business. . . their most popular title, they say, is making money from ebay. Go figure. . .

And, if anyone's interested, I have a very simple plan for making money on ebay, which, at least judging from my experience, is almost guaranteed to be a winner. . . very simple three step process, it goes like this:

1. Start everything at 99 cents with no reserve, especially if it's worth fifty bucks or more. 2. Wait for the last-minute sharks to arrive. 3. Charge at least three times as much as shipping is actually worth.

Ergo: I sell palm pilot, valued at 80 bucks, for 55, because the bidders got happy-go-lucky at the last minute, and charge 15 bucks shipping (and call it shipping and handling and provide a helpful message to that says: this is NOT just shipping charges, but handling and processing as well as the gas it takes me to drive to the post office, every little piece of tape I put on your package and the bubble wrap I bought and decided not to use and if you don't get insurance which I will also triple, I can't be responsible for the lack of bubble wrap) and then I've made 20 bucks or so on the palm pilot I bought in bulk for about 60 bucks to begin with.

Bitter? MEEE?! :-) never. . .
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 08:57 pm
Haha. . . we all recommended the same book, ladies! :-) I'm going to do another Amazon search and see if I can drum up anything else. . .

Ok, this one got four stars: Ebay Business the Smart Way: Maximize Your Profits on the Web's #1 Auction Site
by Joseph T. Sinclair
* I should note that Joseph Sinclair is the author of a number of ebay money making books, most of which seem to be well received.

As did this one: How to Do Everything with Your eBay Business (How to Do Everything)
by Greg Holden

In addition to the "Ebay for dummies", there's a starting an ebay business for dummies. . . (Dummies can do EVERYTHING now, can't they?)

Of course, I still think my solution is tried-and-true, and it's free! :-)
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 10:03 am
ebay book
I was going to suggest the same one - eBay for Dummies.

Interestingly, there was an article in our local paper this morning on unusual ways for towns with shrinking budgets to raise money. One was auctioning off books over eBay, by a public library which used to use straight book sales to raise cash. According to the paper, the librarian says it's been a most successful approach to the problem.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 10:23 am
princessash185
I need to find an outlet for the palm and other inventory items.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 10:24 am
Both my sisters are good ebayers - mostly selling collectibles and antiques, me I sell a few batteries and disks.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 12:19 pm
Well, you could try returnbuy. . . they do a lot of factory refurbished stuff and will only sell too power sellers. . . other than that, I dunnpo. I only buy on ebay, never sell :-)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 12:22 pm
Be careful with the ebay books guys, quite a few of them are outright scams.

Some of them work like this:

Quote:
How to make money on ebay!

You copy this page and sell it on ebay to the next dope.

And so on and so forth.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 12:41 pm
LOL. . . such a cynic, and at such a young age. . .

I wouldn't trust the web books, but Ebay for Dummies is pretty legit. . .
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 12:47 pm
I get almost all books that I purchase from buy.com, amazon.com, or half.com (ebay company) in that order.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 12:48 pm
nono, I mean the ebooks. . . the ones people sell off their own websites or that you can buy for three dollars on some hokey-looking establishment :-)

I haven't been into a bookstore since Amazon introduced free shipping :-)
0 Replies