Mustang

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 03:44 pm
Couldn't find an exact category under which this should be listed. If most posters are like me, they hit 'General' first.

Are any of you going to be out there in the malls at the crack of dawn to take advantage of the many early, early morning specials? Even though I have all my Christmas shopping done, I'll be there in search of that item I simply 'can't live without.' And then, too, I'll be helping boost the economy. Laughing Not that I don't have anything to do. I still haven't finished addressing all my cards.

Ever since the company I worked for began giving us the day after Thanksgiving as an additional holiday, this has been an annual ritual for a friend and me. We love to watch the pushing and shoving of others--while we sit back sipping our coffee. Gluttons for punishment? Yes. But, then, I may just find that sequin trimmed washcloth I've been longing for, especially if it's trimmed with velvet.
Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,398 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 04:34 pm
Not me! If there's anything in the mall I can't live without, I'll git it sometime in January or on a weekday before noon.
0 Replies

Mustang

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 04:53 pm
Aw-w-w, roger. I'll bet you're one of those people who knows exactly what he needs, knows where to buy it, and is in and out of the store in 15 minutes. Laughing Now, there's really nothing I need, but something may just jump out and say 'buy me, buy me, buy me!' Sometimes I can't resist a wimpering and begging useless item. Thank goodness I have only about $60 in my billfold and won't take any credit cards or my checkbook with me. Exclamation [/color]
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 05:23 pm
I will avoid the Mall like the plague tomorrow.
0 Replies

Mustang

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:10 pm
Phoenix, you're a spoil sport. I felt I'd find at least one female who would agree with me. No such luck! Crying or Very sad I'd better put on my running shoes to try to work off the humungous amount of calories I consumed today. The steak and baked potato weren't so bad--but all the goodies after the meal. Ya' know--that may be the reason I've been doing this for years--to work off all I've put on the day before! Laughing
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:11 pm
Not doing any shopping tomorrow. However, past experience has shown me that in these parts if you really do get there right when the store opens (i.e. 6 or 7 a.m.) you pretty much have the store to yourself. Apparently there are a great many late sleepers on Long Island (and since I don't plan on shopping tomorrow, I'll be one of them).
0 Replies

Mustang

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:33 pm
We have five local TV channels in the area and each of them have short 'news updates' throughout the day. I've been told by others that each of these blurbs shows how long the lines are of people waiting for the stores to open. A couple of store flyers received in today's newspaper showed their opening time as 5:00AM! I don't plan to be there that early, but I'll have a fun day. I suppose I wouldn't consider it fun if I actually had shopping to do!
0 Replies