Tell The Honest Truth.....

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 11:58 am
If something that's enjoyable but has negative effects were divested of it's negative effects...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 12:01 pm
Nope to the drugs. If I had all the money I needed - so much that I never needed to consider working again - I'd pack up and get on the road - and drive and drive and drive and drive. I'd stop to look around at stuff once in a while - admire the sights - talk to people - walk the dogs - and drive some more.

A good quiet day on the road is the best high for me.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 12:06 pm
A coupla drinks to get me mellow will do me just fine. Never had a liking for drugs other than ciggies and alcohol. Tried something once, waaaay back in the day and it freaked me out. I was anxious and paranoid and speeded up like a lunatic for several hours until I came out of it. Absolutely scared me and I never tried another drug after that. I can't handle not being in control, at least to some percent, of my body and emotions.
Hey, does laughing gas count? Had that a while back and liked it. However wouldn't want to be in a woolly cloud all the time, just pain-free.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 12:49 pm
exactly Craven m man......
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 02:25 am
Heeven wrote:
A coupla drinks to get me mellow will do me just fine. Never had a liking for drugs other than ciggies and alcohol. Tried something once, waaaay back in the day and it freaked me out. I was anxious and paranoid and speeded up like a lunatic for several hours until I came out of it. Absolutely scared me and I never tried another drug after that. I can't handle not being in control, at least to some percent, of my body and emotions.
Hey, does laughing gas count? Had that a while back and liked it. However wouldn't want to be in a woolly cloud all the time, just pain-free.

Laughing gas is great. In fact I'd say that's the most enjoyable high I've ever felt. Unfortunately, I had to get a kidney stone to get some. And that was only for the ride in the ambulance.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:46 am
I've had laughing gas a couple of times during dental work. It was a lot of fun.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:47 am
I tried kidney stones once, and although one hell of wild ride, i was so much more depressed and discouraged once i came down . . .

Cocaine scares me--i have no self-restraint, and i already have a naturally occurring tendency toward insomnia.

If i had lots of money i would travel until i were completely worn out and homesick, at which point i would return home, donate all of my clothing to charity except for one pair of levis, one t-shirt, one pair of socks and a jacket. Then i'd go out and buy more clothes. After that, i'd have to have a cup of coffee and a chocolate eclair and think about it . . .
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 07:47 am
If I were rich, drugs and alcohol would be the furthest thing from my mind, just as they are in my regular middleclass life. I have never liked the loss of control feeling, which probably means I am more psychologically screwed up than those who can let go, but I choose to interpret it as a general satisfaction with myself as I am, which is, for the most part, content, happy, mellow.

I like my life, although in these troubled times its difficult not to feel guilty for not being more miserable.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 08:59 am
Jim wrote:
I got a shot of demarol in the rump. That was the best I've ever felt in my life, and the instant it started to wear off I was begging for more. It's sad to me, in a way, that I know I will never feel as good again in this life, as I did when I had that shot.

Oh my!!! Nail hit on the head! about 13 years ago I had my first shot of demarol - I swear - I said if this is high - It's the only thing I ever want!!!
Been saying that ever since! - Except in July when I had my massive leg problems - I got a migraine from all the other meds I was on. I couldn't take it anylonger so I headed into the emergency room - where I for got a shot of imitrex(sp). I couldn't even feel it in my system and it's supposed to be one of the lastest greats meds for the migraine. So after 20 minutes they could tell I was pretty bad off - so they asked if I wanted to get the "big" shot?? I said is that demarol?? YEP!! I said bring it on, remembering the last time 13 years ago - like being in orgasim heaven - IMO. So I go the shot and nothing like that feeling from long ago! But I will say that I felt like the 10million dollar man for about 5 minutes then I threw-up and it was all over. The migraine came back in about 15 minutes and I went home and got zonked on codeine for 2 more days.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:09 am
I watched a documentary about international trade in the ancient world last night, and apparently, a scientist did tox studies on ancient mummies from Egypt and found both nicotine and cocaine in them. Now, opium was traded, but in general, nicotine and cocaine are considered "New World" drugs. She was so shocked at the results, she figured she was wrong, so sent the tests to several independent labs, all of which confirmed her study. The paper she published was vilified and pretty much buried by the scientific community because it went against the typical belief that trans-Atlantic trade didn't happen until much later. That, and nobody wanted to believe that ancient people wanted to get high. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:12 am
demerol usually does it for migraines...but I'm surprised they didn't give you a shot of Phenergan with it to stop the nausea and keep the demerol in your system.....it really is the ****...I used to suffer from migraines so badly that at one point the MRI'd me for brain tumors...I would crawl on the floor on all fours drooling and squinney had to move me around like a limp dog....the imitrex didn't work for me either and shot my heart rate up dangerously high.....What finally worked for me, IF I could catch the headache at the onset...was plain old fioricet in combination with a Goody's powder which stopped it dead, unless it was one of those kind that came on to quickly and even then it would stop it within an hour.......

Strangely enough, when I started working out and running every day, I haven't had a headache since.....except for the occasional mild hangover, and that's a whole different thing, but even they only last about 30 minutes.

Ask your doctor about the fioricet. I suspect the Goody's combo thing has more to do with the large amounts of caffeine in it which delivers it quickly.

Also next time you get demerol or anything with codeine, tell 'em you want some phenergan to stop the nausea. It works.

BTW, I once tried getting stoned to see if that helped the migraine...then I had a migraine AND I was stoned. Buzz kill city. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:20 am
I take Maxalt for migraines. Works GREAT! Ask your doctor about it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:07:47