Online Auctions

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 08:14 pm
Hi.

I have a "bunch of stuff" (computer parts, whole computer systems, software, computer peripherals, etc) that I would like to sell. However, I am unsure of which online auction site to go with: EBay or Yahoo Auctions. I am looking for opinions, so if you have had experience with either of these sites (success, security, overall experience, costs, etc.), I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks and Have a Nice Day!!!
Robert Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,574 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 12:27 am
I was once a regular customer on online auctions, but after I goofed and over-bid on a second hand cordless phone with a missing part and scratches, no more auctions for me. The punch line said, "In original factory box," which I mistook it to mean new. Well, live and learn.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 07:15 am
I shop ebay all the time and haven't had any problems. When selling I'm sure you'd do better with ebay since it's so big.
Good luck.

Sorry to hear about that CI :-(
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 07:42 am
ci,

In the situation you describe you should have been able to get your money back (or at least exchange the item).

Robert,

I find Yahoo to be better structured but ebay has a wider audience (that can mean that you'll get a better price or a worse one as there are also more poeple selling on ebay).
0 Replies