Is this a True Warrior for God?

Israelite007

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 06:40 pm
@NeitherExtreme,
Well thanks for the insight neitherextreme. I think that's where I want to be too:). I was just thinking that today actually we go from one extreme to another ay? Jewish Pharisees to Christian Fundamentalism neither which incorporates balance.

I must say Neither I would like to hear more from you, yes my enthusiasm should not get the better of me thanks:rolleyes: I sometimes let myself go off into my zeal for the Lord.

It's what I talk about what I think about what I dream about. This thing called balance not just my own personal security but comfort in the Lord and all I do to please him.

You know guys the more I think about becoming a true warrior for God is all about the more I think being a true warrior for God is simply a mindful steward peaceful and loving servant of him and others not rioting for repentance but calling closely with countenance in relationship to Christ
0 Replies

knowl

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:17 pm
@Israelite007,
This is a good conversation to all the viewers. I think so many persons share their ideas in this site. I think One who pray god with full fledged, save all the people and lookafter all creatures, he is the good warrior. Every one tried to help the people, solve their problems, give good directions to approach the god. I think these are fulfilled then he is a True Warrior for God.

=======================================

knowl

Christian Drug Rehab Centers and Programs
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:50 pm
@Israelite007,
Israelite007;8307 wrote:
I don't want to fight but I want to be a fighter.

The world is full of 'wannabees'...
A 'fighter', fights; a 'wannabe', 'wants to be' a (n egoically idealized) 'fighter'.
Be who you are, how can you possibly be other?
I guess you are being who you are, a wannabe fighter...

The Sikh warrior is a pragmatic thing, had to fight off the Mongols.. They 'fight' all opressors! Pragmatic, yet they do not claim victory, they claim victory for 'god'.
In Xtianity, the 'battle' is internal, against, ultimately, ego (Pride).
If one must 'fight', one must 'imagine' an 'enemy'... (Pride)!
Zetherin

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 12:52 am
@nameless,
Israelite, I don't know what comfort believing in Christ gives you, that's your business, but you have to understand that not all others share your sentiments on morality. You must consider that not all others abide and perceive by the 'good' and 'evil' lines that religions have drawn, and may address situations by reason and logic (or through many different outlets). I, for one, do not even believe in 'good' and 'evil', as I believe they are relative to the person and are concepts applied by us humans. Sure, we can round up a hundred people and say this death is wrong, this action is good, but where's the universal deciding factor? That's right, there is none, because the universe doesn't judge. If Jesus or any intelligent being really does exist, I highly doubt it'd want you to be an extremist warrior, nor do I believe the intelligent being would want you to judge others and be blissfully devoted towards it while you considered nothing else. This is actually why I fancy Buddhism. Buddha explicitly stated sometime during his teaching of Dharma: "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

For one, I beg you to reevaluate your texts (The Bible), as there is much about the Bible many of us don't even know. You have to remember this is a man-made construction of a book; there were pieces taken out, put together, in order to please the political church... people may have molded these ideals, and are now molding your beliefs. How would you feel if you found out all you knew to be true was constructed by some fat, squirrel-raping, monk during the Crusades? I beg you to consider, not only your own beliefs, but others. This extremist devotion you have is the idealism that causes the wars (as Justin noted).

I want to make note that I'm not suggesting you stop believing in Jesus, or God, or whatever higher being you believe in, but to consider other possibilities. Or, at the least, don't condemn others for considering them.

This is what I think is a "true warrior" - another quote from Buddha (I'm actually agnostic, by the way):

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

*Note: You may also find my avocation of this quote as being a bit contradictory, as I've noted I don't believe in the concepts of good and evil. And you'd be right. I'm contradicting myself in the sense that I don't like to judge with a definitive line of good and evil, though, like all, I am forced to make these judgments in my everyday life - I still do feel it's better to improve others' happiness levels than take away, whether it be to allow them to further delve into intellectualism, or just simply make their journey in this life a tad easier.
0 Replies