most usa people are loud and ignorant of their surroundings.

hamy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 03:35 am
if usa people are so proud of the usa, why do they wear the canada flag on themselves and their possessions when/if they ever leave the usa?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 3,465 • Replies: 24

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 05:00 am
Most of us are secretly fans of real hockey, Canadian football rules and real beer.

Joe(or we really like the way that leaf looks on us)Nation
http://outprofessionals.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/canadian-flag-heart.jpg
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 06:43 am
@hamy,
I'm in Costa Rica right now and I don't have a Canadian flag anywhere near me. I've told pretty much everyone I met that I'm from the USA and they've been nothing but helpful and friendly.

I think you need to get out more.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 06:47 am
Do they teach manners and courtesy where you come from, hamy?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 07:21 am
@hamy,
He seem to be little more then a troll.

Speaking of the Canadian flag remember the uproar when we display it upside down at some sporting event by error?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 07:40 am
Shame on the US Marine Corps..........LOL

1992 World Series
World Series Ratings
3.75 (32 votes)
Invite Your Friends to Rate
The 1992 World Series was the first Series ever played outside of the United States of America. It pitted the American League champion Toronto Blue Jays against the National League champion Atlanta Braves. Toronto defeated Atlanta, 4 games to 2, marking the first time a Canadian team ever won the World Series.

A minor international incident occurred after a US Marine Corps color guard erroneously displayed the Canadian flag upside down during the second game's opening ceremony [1]. Speculation ensued amongst some Canadians that the flag was flown upside down as a deliberate insult to Canada, although most agreed the act was unintentional. The Corps apologized for the error and took pains to carry the flag properly after insisting that they would be honored to do so.

Managers: Cito Gaston (Toronto), Bobby Cox (Atlanta)

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 07:45 am
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKIN' ABOUT . . . LOUD? . . . IGNORANT? I THINK YOU'RE FULL OF IT . . .

Hey, where the Hell am i . . . it thought this was facebook . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 07:47 am
By the way, this "wearing the Canadian flag" bullshit is an apparently very popular urban legend in Canadia. I've been told this in all seriousness, solemnly asserted to be the truth ("I saw it myself!") by any number of otherwise intelligent and perceptive Canadians.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:07 am
@hamy,
Just for the fun of it had any American on this website ever pretended to be a Canadian when traveling abroad?

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:17 am
@BillRM,
I can't afford to travel outside of the United States. I haven't left the country since I was a member of the armed services and was stationed in Germany in 1991.

Yeah, for full disclosure, I was part of the Gulf War deployment to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Iraq.

Prior to that, I took a high school trip to France in 1989 or 1990. No Canadian flags were used then as the idea hadn't been born yet. That's an alleged George W. Bush era habit of US citizens. So I have a several decade alibi in terms of the charges against the "usa people" [sic] being guilty of the crime of being "loud and ignorant of their surroundings [outside their country]."
BillRM

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:34 am
@tsarstepan,
You know tsarstepan except for this website and when I am near the Canadian border and might cross over to dine I never even think of our neighbors from the north let alone think of pretending to be a Canadian citizen when traveling.

The whole idea seem silly but I would be interested if anyone had done it as it seem to be an urban myth.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:36 am
I didn't know you were involved with the first Iraq war, Tsar!

I have traveled to England, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Canada, and never have I owned a piece of anything with the Canadian flag on it (except for coins, perhaps). My sister has been, additionally, to the rest of Europe and half of Africa and has never carried a CF. I know many travelers in and out of my family who have never carried any flag to foreign countries.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:38 am
@hamy,
However - as to the title of this thread, which doesn't seem to have much to do with the first post, I tend to agree that a lot of people here are loud and ignorant of their surroundings.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:40 am
I wear the national flag of Québec.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5f/Flag_of_Quebec.svg/600px-Flag_of_Quebec.svg.png
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:45 am
@George,
KEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL!
I never met a Quebecois separatist/sympathizer before!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 02:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Prior to that, I took a high school trip to France in 1989 or 1990. No Canadian flags were used then as the idea hadn't been born yet. That's an alleged George W. Bush era habit of US citizens.

nahhhhh, it was done well before that.

I recall it being done when we travelled in Germany and Holland in the 1971 - 1975 period. It wasn't new then.

I sold a handful of Canadian pins to some U.S. backpackers at Schiphol in 1975. More popular were the sew-on patches for canvas knapsacks. People used to have lots of those - with Canajun patches (not necessarily the flag, but other Canadian symbols) not infrequently found on the flap.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 02:23 pm
@hamy,
hamy wrote:
if usa people are so proud of the usa, why do they wear the canada flag on themselves and their possessions when/if they ever leave the usa?

This really is old-skool. I think you'd find most Americans now would wear an American flag pin, if that was the done thing. The whole pin thing is pretty out-of-date. Like 30 - 40 years out of date.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 02:52 pm
@hamy,
hamy wrote:

We only wear the Canadian flag when we're visiting Arizona during the summer and have a dark tan.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 03:21 pm
Having a London Ritz destination sticker on your bags is best.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 03:29 pm
@spendius,
I would rather have the Martian flag stitched to my backpack.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060624174552/uncyclopedia/images/a/ae/Martian_Flag.JPG
0 Replies