Internet Gems

Ceili

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 03:42 pm
I'm on the net a lot. I use various sites such as google and to me it's a godsend.
I'm not sure if this breaks a2k's user agreement or not.
If it's allowed what are the sites you use daily, dictionaries, news sites, radio ect. What are your Internet Gems?
Ta Ceili
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 874 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 03:50 pm
If you click on the Portal link in the forum header, above, you'll find a bounty of favorite links we've been collecting. It's a relatively new feature that not many A2Kers are yet aware of.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 04:00 pm
I like the Portal page. Here, tho, I'll say Snopes. I never pass on email warnings unless I check Snopes first. Then I usually don't pass 'em on anyhow; the world is too full of that sort of stuff.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 04:03 pm
Besides A2K, of course, if I were limited to one site, it would be www.refdesk.com I think that you can just about find anything (or a link to anything) there!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 04:05 pm
These threads generally attract a lot of spam (and lots of work for the mods), but aren't aganst the rules (though spammers will certainly break the rules here in their quest to "share" with all of you).

But please submit them to the portal as well. That's what it's there for.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 12:37 pm
Craven, once again I feel the fool, I had never really explored the portal page. There are some real gems there. How does one go about submitting a site?
Thanks again
Ceili
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 12:54 pm
Browse to the category you want to submit to and at the top there will be a link saying "add a listing".

If the site has no category available then just submit it to the uncategorized category in the WWW category.

I'll try to make this more intuitive.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 01:14 pm
Craven, you do a wonderful job with this site, sometimes I'm not as bright as I like to think I am Confused
Ta, Ceili
0 Replies