Draw Mohamed Day (why the uproar?)

RexRed

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 01:36 pm
Anyone know why Muslims don't want Mohamed's picture drawn? What are the roots of this doctrine and why is it so important that his picture never be drawn? I have some thoughts of my own on this but I figured I would let others opine first.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,640 • Replies: 7
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 02:17 pm
Mark 12: KJV
14. And when they were come , they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

15 Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.

16 And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 05:26 pm
Acts 19: KJV

24For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;

25Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.

26Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

27So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.

28And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 05:52 pm
What uproar?
RexRed

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 08:14 pm
@ebrown p,
You haven't heard that Pakistan Muslims are protesting in the thousands demanding the head of a face book user who started 'Draw Mohamed Day" where people submit drawings of their most holy prophet when the Quran forbids any depiction of the prophet Mohamed...

They have been burning facebook epitaphs and of course the US flag while demanding supreme justice.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/292405
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 08:39 pm
I specifically mention Pakistan in my last post but the article I sent you mentions other countries that have since joined the bandwagon in banning facebook. The reason why I mentioned Pakistan was because a few days ago when I first read news on the subject Pakistan seemed to be leading the protest where others since have joined this insane attack on religious freedom and expression.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 08:43 pm
Perhaps it is time to hold some of these Imams responsible for inciting riots over silly ridiculous idiotic matters. Perhaps their web pages should be banned and images of them burnt for all the world to see? Islam of today is not a religion of tolerance... Their law is arrogant and intolerant and degrading of others beliefs and it is seemingly the root of what defines terrorism.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 09:38 pm
I am so sick and tired of this sharia law crap! For nearly two thousand years Muslims and their arrogant sharia laws have denied those not of their faith equal "supreme" justice under the law they have refused to WOMEN, Pagans, Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians, Hindu, Buddhists and even non religious basic rights like owning land and even their right to buy bread and live civilly in their own local community.

This is a caste system based upon who you bow down to and worship. Most of their followers were coerced by fear, intimidation and social status into joining these religions of sexism and hate. How devout is a four year old with a bomb strapped around them?

It makes me want to shun Islam just for the sake of restoring balance and human respect to the world. Islam today is no better than the Romans were when they were feeding Christians to the lions, but, no, today they just behead you while they force you to read the Quran. At least the Romans had style.

What would they think if the entire world did that to them? What if the world were to decree that all are free EXCEPT Muslims? How would that make them feel? Perhaps if the shoe were reversed they might scramble to modify their erroneous book. Do these radical Imams have any idea how arrogant and insulting their sharia law is to the rest of the world (a vast MAJORITY) that has no desire to worship their God of prejudice, hate and "apparently" pure lunacy.

Consider for nearly two thousand years Islam has brutally persecuted those who do not bow down to their apparently terror filled, insecure god. Islam, like Christianity, has enough blood on its hands to negate its authenticity as a true faith of love and compassion. I stand boldly with the religiously persecuted and I detest and find abhorrent the persecutors. These persecutors are no more than insecure closeted reprobates. Perhaps they are afraid we might depict Mohamed how he really looked with his bloody sword in hand slashing, hacking and cutting his way to holiness.

I cannot in any good conscience hold most of these religions (and a few others) with any serious consideration in light of their war histories of hate and arrogant totalitarianism. I know religion is made up of faulty humans but the fault this time is in the words and doctrines of Islam and Christianity and not necessarily in the wrong interpretation thereof.

Humans have evolved for the most part in the last century and become more tolerant of each other and we do not need rank and pernicious religions dragging us back into the barbarism and misguided fanatic crusades of the past. Taking any of these religions too seriously to me are a sign of a weak and uncivilized peoples, a race of baby Hitlers waiting for their day when they can exterminate those who threaten their warped view on society as a whole.
0 Replies