Delete Facebook Account?

Pitter

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:41 am
I find the page confusing. How do you delete your Facebook account?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,221 • Replies: 8
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 06:41 am
@Pitter,
How to Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 07:50 am
What is confusing about Facebook? It is totally straight forward. My kids suggested I join about a year ago and I love it. I have been connected again with people I thought were lost to me. What could be better?
BillRM

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 09:03 am
@plainoldme,
It would be nice to be able to control the information you share and limited it to who you wish to share with.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 09:37 am
@plainoldme,
All the FB privacy settings are set up so that the maximum number of people can see your information and even use search engines to find you. You can limit that by going through the privacy settings line by line, but a lot of people don't do that. It takes two weeks to actually delete your account when it should take two seconds. The FB business model is based around getting you to share info so that vendors can target you and they go to extremes to hold that data once they have it. That said, I have used FB to get in touch with people I hadn't heard from in decades, so I see pros and cons. I just go through the privacy setting line by line.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 12:27 pm
@engineer,
As a woman, I have always been cautious about any information I contribute.
engineer

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 02:34 pm
@plainoldme,
Just as a check, go to ACCOUNT -> PRIVACY SETTINGS -> SEARCH and see if the check box for Public Search Engines is checked. If so, you can click on the link to see what the search engines are pulling up on you. Typically, anyone will be able to see your info and who your friends are.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:37 pm
Facebook - the ultimate buy this T-shirt in order to advertise a company's products.
0 Replies

RStella

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:03 am
@Pitter,
For the first little while, you can't permanently delete it. You can delete it with the option to reinstate it, I think for about 30 days - not sure of the exact amount. In the upper right-hand corner of your page there should be a clickable link that says "Account". Click on "Account Settings" in the drop-down and then click on "deactivate account". You can always check out the Help Page if you're concerned.
0 Replies