IRS returned me more than my return!

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:14 pm
The IRS are sticklers, too. We got a letter a few years ago informing us of an error we made on a return we submitted that was 3 years old. They mailed us the info two weeks before the statute of limitations was to run out LOL (they catch everything!)

Anyway, it wasn't too serious...our tax accountant had failed to list one of my employers (the names were very similar) and when he learned of it, he graciously agreed to pay the amount demanded by the IRS.
0 Replies
Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:31 pm
Linkat wrote:

You can also send an amended form. I don't think it is anything to be embarassed about - I mean I do accounting work as a job. It wasn't made known that well - that is why the IRS is reviewing for it.

I had read to Not send an amended form for this, as it would just make it more confusing.

You're right, I don't feel it was well publicized at all.

That makes me feel better, that you do accounting, and missed it too.

I have to 'fess up something else....I enjoy doing my taxes.
Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:36 pm
Now I'd be more embarassed at that!

Although I used to - when my taxes were simpler.
But I am odd.
0 Replies
Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 12:02 pm
Irishk wrote:
Maybe not, but just hearing those two words, IRS and audit, in the same sentence puts the fear of God in most of us LOL.
Yes it does. You should work for them because they will audit your last 10 years of tax returns. At least they did when I got hired.
0 Replies

Related Topics

How do I get the tax credit? - Question by profesao
tax credit? - Question by Sidandduke
suprise - Discussion by dyslexia
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/04/2020 at 06:13:35