GO HABS GO!!

panzade

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 06:57 am
@djjd62,
Lordy! Thugs on skates.
Ceili

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 07:06 am
@panzade,
Nah, we like the thugs on skates... it's the idiots who routinely rip up Montreal that suck.
panzade

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 07:08 am
@Ceili,
Habs have an old-fashioned style of play that endears me.
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 07:24 am
i dont like how montreal is mostly always singled out.

Try going in Edmonton or Calgary after a game 7 win Wink

besides, i guess we like our game that much Razz
Ceili

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 04:33 pm
@mars90000000,
No worries Pan... I like their style of play too.

Mars.. I live in the chuck. I know we have our fair share of idiots too. We live in a police state anytime anything interesting happens, even Canada day, because of the same stupid mentality. It's sad, but the squeaky pieces of shite always make it worse for the rest of us. Confused Sad
None the less I'm still cheering for the habs!
farmerman

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 05:11 am
@Ceili,
Well, sorry to bust up the nostalgia bout Boston but the Flyers have elimanated the Bruins despite all the bear suits that were in the audience.

Flyers are a physical team who dont even take time to bury their dead.
mars90000000

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 09:29 am
bring it on!

i say montreal in 6
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 09:30 am
Chicago in 8 games for the cup
panzade

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 08:01 pm
@farmerman,
Well, FM it wasn't even close tonight.Habs looked like a peewee hockey team
farmerman

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 08:53 pm
@panzade,
Can you believe , I missed the damn game .

Remember, Flyers dont relax after knuckle biting series. They are still on epi. ALso, the Flyers have a lot of key injuries and are only having guys stepping up to cover , they will tire like any team that is overachieving. Im used to having my heart dashed to teeny chunks by those bastards .

Also, the opener was at Wachovia, thats like 2 extra guys on the ice. Flyers are on life support wait till you get to Montreal.

Im saying this to be kind because I want the Bullies to beat the snot out of Montreal because in the old glory days of thye Flyers it was the Canadiens that bet the snot out of us with their fancy skating and "fair play".
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 08:55 pm
ooooh, that was sad..pathetic.
I'm hoping the coach read them the riot act!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 04:33 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

7 more to go
wandeljw

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 07:51 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

7 more to go

Thanks, djjd.

Go Blackhawks!
djjd62

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 08:03 am
@wandeljw,
should probably be rooting for san jose since they vanquished the dreaded wings, but i have a soft spot for the old school hawks (and bruins, the series finale i was hoping for) of my youth
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 02:41 pm
@panzade,
I watched the game on my berry. It was really good. I saw that the HAbs single element has always been a reliance on quickness and fast exeution of plays. The Flyers just come at you in waves and just dont quit. I think Montreal better get a plan B because they really dont seem to have a great defense (And sports dudes agree with me on that).
I saw the headline in the Montreal on line

"NIGHTMARE ON BROAD STREET"

****, i have a chance to see game 5 back in Philly. There may not be a game 5.

I dont wanna get cocky though and I hope the flyers dont either, cause thats what did in the Bruins, they got stunned by the fliers attack when theor back was against the wall.

The 6-0 was just a little too easy, I hope that the Bullies dont lose their message line that they had during the Boston run.
farmerman

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 09:02 am
@farmerman,
When you get back to Montreal, Habs 'll win a game.
wandeljw

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 09:22 am
@farmerman,
The Blackhawks just won two games on the road.
farmerman

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:13 am
@wandeljw,
Hell the Flyers took 4 strait from Boston. Most of them were not at home. If the cup series is between Philly and Chicago, it oughta be good cause Chicago knows how to handle the "eave upon wave" play of the Fllyers, and the Flyers will still be down several injured players.

This is the time when you want your best guys unhurt. ALas, its not to be for Philly and, if the players just happen to come back, I hope they arent let on the ice cause these guys are playing like maniacs. Its gonna be a goalie series and HUET v LEIGHTON seem fairly closely matched. Leighton is a few % higher in saves but most of that was just in the playoffs
panzade

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 06:48 pm
@farmerman,
Didn't realize how tall Leighton is. Is there an advantage?
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 05:00 am
@panzade,
He does play farther out of the net. They say hes ,mastered that extra range in that it gives him a second shot at stopping a puck.