the telly and valium

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 06:09 pm
last thursday the doorbell rings. It's the cable guy and he asks if my cable service is ok. Yeah, I says but it's not what I think it should be. He says he'll have a look and comes in, he looks at the telly and at the cable box and says "you got Hi Def telly and Lo Def cable, you need to drop by the office and pick up a Hi Def box." Ok, so the next day we drive down to the cable office and the lady says "can't give you a Hi Def box because our system is down." Ok, so today while the lady Diane is out she goes by the cable office and gets the Hi Def box and brings it home with a set of cables to hook it up. No instructions as I sit here with a cable box and a cable with 5 colour coded jacks at each end and NO INSTRUCTIONS. So I call the cable co and a guy says he can walk me through it. Ok, an hour later I have a telly picture with no sound, call the cable office back. "We'll have to sent out a tech tomorrow." Ok, I decided to fiddle around and find the audio cables (he never mentioned) and get them plugged in, now I have a picture and sound. It's been 3 1/2 hours of cabling/uncabling/cabling/uncabling but I now have HI DEF telly.
Ok, sit back, cuppa tea, fiddle with telly and lady Diane comes in and says "by the way, the Hi Def box is an extra $7 per month."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 1,308 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 06:11 pm
@dyslexia,
but you got a free install...

Cool
hamburgboy

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 06:17 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
but you got a free install...

they'll probably send dys a bill :

high-def box installation $ 149.95
discount for self-install 50.00
amount due now $ 99.95
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 06:46 pm
@dyslexia,
does your cd player still work?

I don't think we can do that over the phone either after last time...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 06:48 pm
I feel so left out. No telly, no valium.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 06:49 pm
@dyslexia,
Poor baby..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 07:03 pm
I use an air antenna for my TV. It's irritating to have to move the antenna several times during the day.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 07:07 pm
That, dys, sounds frustrating from 2000 miles away!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 07:25 pm
OMG, I'm hyperventilating just thinking about all this!

cables, phone calls, men talking you through it? Hi def?

I'm going to go crawl into a fetal position.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 07:46 pm
Time Warner just offered me Road Runner TURBO free for 3 months. I asked the nice girl on the phone (because the website didn't work... no... try it Mycablegift.com doesn't work.) how much faster the speed would be?
"A lot" she said.
"So, if I time how fast a Google search is now, TURBO willmake it faster?"
She revealed that a 2.1 second search would now only take 1.7 seconds.
Yea!

Joe(that will be 8.99 a month more)Nation
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 08:19 pm
@dyslexia,
What will be your first major screening on High Def?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 08:28 pm
where the hell is the diazepam lorazepam alprazolam midazolam temazepam zolazepam, damn it?
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 09:23 pm
@dyslexia,
I found out that , by putting a digital WInegard antenna on the RV ALL the stations come in Hi def -for free.

When I got my Hi Def cable box they gave me the wrong cable. Is your HDMI port a USB cable slot? So why did they give me a two plug cable? I too had no idea where to plug it in . When I called the cable company they acted like I was the idiot, then they checked their Hidef box kits and they all had the plug in pins and not a USB.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 09:23 pm
@patiodog,
I went with 1mg lorazepam
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 09:26 pm
@dyslexia,
decrepitude isnt user friendly
0 Replies