Real Player question

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 08:21 pm
When installing you can disable the association checks, I also install as if the computer has no net connection to avoid their "news" popups.

Never did like shrooms BTW.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 02:03 am
Wait for the new patch everyone, this is still not a big deal but I'd hoped the patch would be updated and it hasn't been updated yet.

Just don't let RP run till you find a working patch (the old ones work but modifying there is a workaround for them).

I still say this is a low threat but just want to correct my earlier assumption that a airtight patch would have been posted by now at the link I gave.

edit: also note that this is a buffer overrun hole that can theoretically be used maliciusly (all buffer overruns can be dangerous in theory) and tech wizards are still having a hard time figuring out how it could be exploited (though in theory yes it could).

Until someone figures out how to use the buffer overrun maliciously it will not filter down to the script kiddies that would pose the greatest threat to the end users.
0 Replies