Worst Analogies - feel free to add your own

Ionus

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 11:46 pm
It is like....you know...stuff...
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 12:02 am
My brother is a body piercer. Once a mother tried to talk her daughter out of getting her eyebrow pierced by saying that "she needed a new piercing, like she needed another hole in the head."

A
R
The daughter's reply: "exactly!"
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 10:44 am
She felt sick, sick like it feels when you go to a buffet because you're cheap and you can eat all you want, so you load up your plate time and time again and just stuff yourself and everybody's watching you because you look like such a pig but you don't care, by damn you're going to get your $11.95 worth, and the wait staff are starting to get pissed off because you've been there so long and there's a huge line up, and then suddenly you feel you have to throw up so you stagger to the bathroom as fast as you can, what with your stomach and esophagus being totally crammed full and you go into a stall and your stomach is just roiling like a turbulent sea in the middle of a terrible storm and you stick your finger down your throat in desperation to ease the pain and discomfort and all of a sudden, everything starts coming up and it just won't stop, you puke so long that your throat starts to hurt, it's so raw, and you swear on your grandmother's grave that you'll never do that again, but after a while your stomach start to feel a lot better and you remember in 7 days, it's Sunday again.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 12:36 am
He snuck up on her like something really ******* quiet.

A
R
T
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 09:37 am
My book on Kantian philosophy is so dry that if a tsunami hit my house it would be the only thing that remains floating.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 08:14 pm

on the "Really Bad Jokes" thread, edgar wrote:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/156708_562133997149391_2122203506_n.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 08:37 pm
This thread is really old, like your younger sister is going to be in 50 years.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 10:29 pm
Captain Burton stood at the bow of his massive sailing ship, his weathered face resembling improperly cured leather that wouldn't even be used to make a coat or something. (Bryan Semrow)

Jane was toast, and not the light buttery kind, nay, she was the kind that's been charred and blackened in the bottom of the toaster and has to be thrown a away because no matter how much of the burnt part you scrape off with a knife, there's always more blackened toast beneath, the kind that not even starving birds in winter will eat, that kind of toast. (Beth Knutson)

As Fiona slowly drew the heavy velvet curtain aside, her eyes smoldered black, deep, and dark as inside the lungs of a coal miner, although it would be black in anyone's lungs if you could get in there because there wouldn't be any light, even in the pink ones of people who don't smoke. (Lou A. Waller)
chai2

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:08 am
@Mame,
This thread brings back memories, like when someone mentions xmas is coming, and you think about how you don't have a job and won't be able to buy presents unless you sell your pink left lung.
jespah

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:33 am
@chai2,
Elbert was tough as nails. Not those ten-penny nails you get at the hardware store (what are those in metric, anyway?) but like toenails after a shower or a hot bath with an optional loofah scrub.
chai2

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 07:15 pm
@jespah,
That was good jespah, good like in when we were all told americans were going to start using the metric system like the rest of the world, and we all said **** you. That kind of good.
2PacksAday

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 08:25 pm
I must have a weird sense of humor, cause I'm getting no humor from these at all.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 01:03 am
This was a classic
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 08:56 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

That was good jespah, good like in when we were all told americans were going to start using the metric system like the rest of the world, and we all said **** you. That kind of good.

Yeah, good, like it's a good day not to live in Syria, for sure, but you live in a god-forsaken
Mame

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2021 09:59 pm
@Mame,
oops, took too long to reply, but it wasn't about the USA Smile Had to answer a call from my aged mother and got involved.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 09:41 pm
I missed this place while I was on hiatus, missed it like a sore, aching toothache where the pain was driving every logical, rational, happy thought out of my head and I had to take Prozac (if that's the right medicine) to give me some respite, but I'm glad to be back and see some old buddies, old as in creaky, achy, fragile joints that resemble dust and maybe some pebbly-things on an X-ray...
roger

Reply Thu 20 May, 2021 11:11 pm
@Mame,
I missed this place while I was on hiatus, missed it like a sore, aching toothache where the pain was driving every logical, rational, happy thought out of my head and I had to take Prozac (if that's the right medicine) to give me some respite, but I'm glad to be back and see some old buddies, old as in creaky, achy, fragile joints that resemble dust and maybe some pebbly-things on an X-ray...

Well, next time you miss us all that much, just come on back.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 07:18:26