CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 07:53 am
@Linkat,
You see, I would find that disgusting - fish pedicure is just gross.
dadpad

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 07:53 am
Mumpad uses a pumice stone.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 08:03 am
@CalamityJane,
Is seems oddly cool to me -
Bella Dea

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 09:08 am
@CalamityJane,
It just looks gross. And I have a BIG thing with my feet. I've never been for a pedi and probably never will. I don't even like my husband touching my feet.
Bella Dea

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 09:08 am
@Linkat,
Fish eating your dead skin? Ewwwww...... Laughing
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 09:51 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

It just looks gross. And I have a BIG thing with my feet. I've never been for a pedi and probably never will. I don't even like my husband touching my feet.

Really! There is nothing more relaxing than a pedicure with an additional
foot massage. Heaven, absolute heaven, Bella! You really should try it at least
once.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 10:12 am
@CalamityJane,
well, twice

the first pedicure was a bit difficult for me - the results were wonderful - but I have OMIGAWD !!! ticklish spots on the bottom of my feet - it was hard keeping my feet still through the process
sozobe

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 10:50 am
@ehBeth,
I stopped at one, too, so maybe I should try it again. Loved the results, didn't like the process nearly as much as I expected to. (The worst was when they were filing my toenails, which I didn't expect. My nails were already too short I guess and they kept filing my TOE.) (Which reminds me, I was told that those shaver things are now illegal here, they couldn't do that. A fairly recent development. Not sure how widespread that is.)
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 10:59 am
@sozobe,
well maybe you could use the fish.
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 10:59 am
@Bella Dea,
yeah - I know it is odd - but if I was near some where that had this - I'd try it.

Fish are cool.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:06 am
@Linkat,
I totally wanted to try the fishy thing when I first read about it (coupla years ago). I grew up in Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Lakes All Teeming With Tiny Fish That Like To Nibble On Toes. I don't know how much dead skin they got but I always thought that was entertaining.

This latest stuff about the bacteria yadda yadda is offputting though.

When I was searching for something about the Ohio regulations (I was told that about no more foot-shaving, dunno if it's true), I found recommendations that you not shave your legs for 24 hrs before getting a pedicure, too, because of scary cases of infection. Eek.
mismi

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:10 am
@CalamityJane,
I was wondering how many crusty feet are posting on here. There is nothing more unsightly than seeing those cracked, tired looking feet in sandals...sure - moisturizing is good - but there comes a point where you have to get the dead skin off...just like you do with your face and the rest of your body. I use one too Jane.

Sure it's gross to think about someone's dead skin all contained in a little box - I just don't think about the sound as they pour into the garbage can - those little sprinkling sounds as it sifts to the bottom. mmmmmmm.

But I am NOT snagging sheets. These toots are smooth as a baby's butt.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:13 am
@dadpad,
I try to get away from that when it happens at Destin...can't stand feeling the fishies nibbling at my toes...

I'll stick with the foot shaver..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:16 am
I use a pumice.
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:17 am
@sozobe,
aha another fishy taker.

I think I may look this up to see where the closest dead skin fish eaters are.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:18 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

chai2 wrote:
I find soaking in a nice warm bath or foot bath softens the skin well, so the skin can be gently rubbed off.

the results just aren't the same.

gotta thank littlek and blaisedaley for convincing me to go for my first pedicure as my 40th (or was it 45th?) birthday present to myself - who knew feet could feel sooooo wonderful

Five of my cousins took me out for my first professional pedicure and manicure almost 3 years ago to the day when my dad died. It was a fun day and my feet felt like they belonged to a newborn baby's body.

I think it is time for me to treat myself to the whole routine again. I tried to get BBB, Osso and Diane interested in going last summer but had no luck with it. Next time I get my hair cut, my feet are getting the treatment too.

I use a grater on my callouses too. Sometimes the callouses on my feet get so bad the skin starts to split. Those graters are the only relief for it, but they don't come close to the results I had from the professionals.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:19 am
@Bella Dea,
Yeah me too. And lotion. Works fine.
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:20 am
@sozobe,
Ok sozobe - if you are on - we can meet in Virginia - I found a place....

For $35, a type of carp called garra rufa, or doctor fish, will help exfoliate your feet at Yvonne Hair and Nails salon in Alexandria, Va.
mismi

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:21 am
@Bella Dea,
Wink I was kidding. I am sure there are no crusty feet on here.

http://images.cyn402002.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SIXlNgoKCB0AAFnvh6k1/ew2.jpg?et=tjWLbOMdWMTN8gH%2BJRnbLA&nmid=0
Seriously needs a Pedegg - and some hedge clippers for the toenails
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:23 am
@Linkat,
On second thought, I may be able to find one locally - if this is an asian type of thing, I may be able to find an underground fish pedicure. I will in a city with a large population of asians. Gotta be one.