Over-55 Housing

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 11:00 am
All I picture is Kramer living with the Senfields and being the most popular guy on the block and he runs for condo president of the Del Boca Vista association.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Seinfeld_s9e15.jpg
plainoldme

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 11:49 am
@Linkat,
That's funny. Actually, my Dad was the president of his senior citizens' residence. He served on the board for a total of 10 years, with one year as president. Then he decided against running for re-election as he felt others deserved a chance to make themselves heard.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 12:09 pm
@Linkat,
Del Boca Vista = exactly my grandma's condo. I loved those episodes, they were perfect.

I think it was really good for my grandma. When she started out she was very active, president of this and that, then as she got older and more of her friends died her world got a bit smaller. But she always had a core group of good friends, who checked on each other and helped each other out in non-medical ways -- stopping at the grocery store, acting as chauffeurs for people who couldn't drive anymore, stuff like that. I think that whole social support network was very, very important to her.

It was a pretty worldly place too. They had the stereotypical old biddies but also a fabulous painter who had lived in Europe for a while, lots of former New Yorkers who had been in the arts in some way (dancers, actors, etc.), many cool people who I enjoyed spending time with when I was a kid. (Though my cheeks would hurt from all the pinching, ow.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Over-55 Housing
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 08:28:41